Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Wot can I retrofit?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
louis356

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Wot can I retrofit?

I have a base model TDV6 but would like to fit cruise control and a better radio as my CD bit has gone

my question is, i'm changing a worn steering wheel foe a better one and was wandering what else do i do/need to fit cruise control - is it just the button section on the horn bit (you can now see my technical know how!!) and will a HSE posh radio just 'plug in' ?

Thanks

Post #6454506th May 2010 1:05 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

There are instructions on doing it alright - search for +cruise on the search facility. Its fairly easy to do. Only thing is you'll need it enabled which a couple of lads on here can do.

Radio controls slot in no bother.

If your head unit is fooked then I guess you could always keep an eye out on eblag or contact Nick' TLO' for a rate on a replacement.(Always does great deals for us) Of course if its still in warranty you could just get your dealers to replace it - i did Thumbs Up

I dont think the HSE one will slot in unfortunately
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #6454746th May 2010 1:54 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

u can refit a lot

Post #6454926th May 2010 2:34 pm
Hedgehog

Germany 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Louis 356

as tanters wrote already the fitting of the cruise control buttons is a easy job.
Just look at http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic3843.html for further fitting instruction. I would suggest that you also add the radio steering control (switch module part # XPD-500-500-WVH) but compare the price with the same one equipped with the phone buttons (can´t find the part-# , but as you need it I will search for the box) When I bought mine I checked with the lokal dealer´s parts guy and he informed me that LR rised the prices on the standard module but not on the top line panel with the phone buttons. It is just a plug ´n play just the phone buttons have no function. But it looks cool 8)

The cruise control panel has to be enabled. There are a few guys in UK offering that service. Browse the forum for it.
at mine this is still an open issue HELP Exclamation Has anybody an idea who is providiing this serviice in Germany? Question

For upgrading the base radio I guess you have the CD-400 base radio. To upgrade to the HSE 6 CD head unit yu have to install a complete new dash board wiring loom equipped with the connectors for the upgraded stereo and also the amplifier to fire the speakers. I was also thinking about it and decided to go with the Pioneer Avic 500BT with amplifier connected to the factory stereo.

Cheers
 Hedgehog

Defender 110 HSE 3.0 i-6 Diesel MHEV - Fuji white / acorn coming soon (hopefully)
Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara Indian Summer gone
Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster gone
Discovery 4 - gone but not forgotten -
Discovery 3 with some add ons - gone 

Post #64717510th May 2010 4:09 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Plenty of quality double-din aftermarket audio units around now, with the adaptor plate it looks a clean tidy install and will give miles better performance than the base unit you have.

I did the cruise control on mine, took about 15 mins to fit the switches and I got lucky as mine was already programmed so it just worked straight away but most have to be activated as others have said.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #64718510th May 2010 4:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

There is a stereo for sale on here Wink

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic50533.html

Post #64722510th May 2010 5:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >