Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Wiring and plugs for heated rear seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Wiring and plugs for heated rear seats

Currently trying to retro-fit heated rear seats and have a couple of issues:

1 The white and black male plugs on the ends of the cable from the heated seat pads are male, as are the white and black plus on the wiring loom, so they do not plug into each other. Is there more than one version of the wiring loom? (parts catalogues suggests there is LR015880 and LR015881, but only different split seats you would have thought the plugs would be the same) Are there male to male adapters available? Where can I source new female sockets so that I can modify cabling?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

2 I cannot fathom where to route the cabling from the heated pads themselves to stop it getting severed when the seats are folded. There are clips on the wires, but I haven't found out where they go. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the underneath of the rear heated seats? Otherwise I might have to sneak into a dealers and have a look.

Post #138860712th Dec 2014 10:49 pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I managed to source the adapter plugs to make up a little additional loom to connect each heat pad:
Click image to enlarge

I then smugly went to connect the underseat harness to the plug on the car loom, and while they vaguely fit inside one another, they do not mate.

Underseat harness connector:
Click image to enlarge

Connector car loom:
Click image to enlarge

The connector on the car loom doesn't seem to match what Topix claims it should be:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...C2149A.pdf

I have found the manufacturer, EPC, Engineered Plastic Components and the part number: E-3425-001, but cannot find a source. Well, I've found somewhere in the states with a $200 minimum order value, but I only really need a handful.

Anyone any idea where I can source some of these connectors - otherwise I will just snip off each end and use a superseal connector.

Post #140539210th Jan 2015 11:05 pm
Inigo

Many thanks to ajsms999 who pointed out the incredibly obvious (once you know) blanking plug in the end of the car loom. With that removed, everything just connects together now!

My children will be very pleased - I expect no more complaints about cold seats.

Post #144567520th Mar 2015 3:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >