DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Wiring looms with IPF lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rhffgb

United Kingdom 
Wiring looms with IPF lights

Guys,

Have just splashed out on a pair of IPF 900XS driving lamps and 2 pairs 800XS driving/spots for the front of the Front Runner rack. Lights supplied through ARB. Each pair comes with a complete wiring loom and a dreadful looking 'mouse' switch. I have an HSE model and have no idea where I can mount a bank of 3 decent switches, or for that matter, which switches to use! Ideas gratefully received.

Anyone wired up these lights? Any problems need overcoming?

Each loom has a snaplock connector to tap into the high beam wire on the back of the headlights. Am reluctant to use these (3 snaplock connectors for 3 separate looms) and would prefer to wire up independent of the high beam. Anyone any experience.
Have searched the forum and noted various routes for roof lamp wiring. Given the 130w a piece roof lamps, am concerned about voltage drop if the route is a long 'un - along length of rack, down to base of tailgate and then back along length of the car. I have a snorkel fitted and thought about taking the wires down this, clipped to the screen side of it, and then into the engine bay via the spare windscreen wiper grommet (car is left hand drive). Any thoughts?

Final comment, after fitting the lamps to Front Runner lamp brackets there seems to be a fair amount of lamp 'wobble'. Anyone fitted lampstays to these lamps and to a Front Runner rack?

Post #2820624th Apr 2008 7:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >