When Will the Pain End
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alowson

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
When Will the Pain End

Dear All,

I feel compelled to share my pain with the group. Smile

I am a long term lover of LR having owned 8 in the last 23 years. Currently driving a RRS which was a mistake, too much bling; too much footballer’s wife car. The minute I handed over the keys to my Disco 3 in Jan 08 I knew I made a mistake. Big Cry

So last year I put everything right by ordering a Disco 4 HSE with lots of lovely extras. Originally tried to order from my local Brisbane dealer but they treated like a punter off the street who had never seen a LR. So picked up the phone to my old dealer in Melbourne and worked out an order.

The original build date was for October 09 with delivery in Jan 2010.

Because I ordered the surround camera options my build date has now been pushed out three times. Current build is this month but no guarantee.

When will this pain end, I will end up getting my new baby at the earliest 6 to 7 months late.

How come it is so hard to spend large sums of money? This is so Censored

In hindsight I should have not gone for the surround camera option but it is a bit too late now. Crying or Very sad

I want my Disco 4 now. At least when I was back in Scotland before moving to Australia we did not have to wait for 3months for the boat to come across the water to deliver your new toy. Sad

Very frustrated LR lover in Brisbane. Evil or Very Mad

Just wanted to vent, thank you. Very Happy

Cheers,

Andrew

Post #6173279th Mar 2010 4:47 am
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

I feel it. Ordered end of October, latest delivery date end of April. In the meantime, I've subsequently read about people ordering and getting theirs already.... I guess those of us out in the old empire or worse, the continent, just have to wait for ours while the faithful home market do the beta testing. Just hoping they have ironed out some of the teething problems by the time they finally get around to building my one.

I had the chance cancel and very nearly did... Just not sure what the heck I would buy instead.

Or maybe the LR build lottery computer doesn't like the name 'Andrew'... Very Happy
 using arm rest more than rear diff  
Post #6173369th Mar 2010 8:00 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I get the impression that LR (and the people who make the camera's) were unprepared for just how many people would want the surround camera option. These have the longest delays and they don't seem to be able to keep up with demand. I presume it's the same camera's as fitted to the 2010 FFRR, so you can guess who's likely to be getting priority...
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #6173459th Mar 2010 8:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >