WHY ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GLYNNE

England 
WHY ?

Twisted Evil Why the Censored have I stayed with this brand Question
I just need a moan Exclamation
I bought my first disco 13 years ago when I was 20 and have owned 9 including 6 Discos, 1 Freelander, 1 Range Rover and 1 series II.
What is it with Censored stuck up Censored dealers Twisted Evil Question
You might think I'm making some of my past run ins up Rolling Eyes (if only).
The very first discovery I tried to buy from the main dealer fell through, although I left a deposit and signed all the paperwork, they contacted me days later and said that that particular car wasn't theirs to sell so they would have to refund me my deposit.
I will try and cut this short Laughing
Once when my disco was in having some work done I had a walk round the showroom as you do, and the salesman said to me "very nice aren't they sir" I replied "yes" then he said to me "yes, when we win the lottery sir?" Rolling Eyes I let that go and thought pompous Censored
My HSE Range Rover was nothing but aggro, so when I took it back for the ump teeth time the saleslady said to me when I was looking at the showroom models "lovely aren't they sir we can all dream!" Censored bitch, who the Censored does she think she is, so I let rip in a busy showroom and told her what I thought of the pile of Censored I had parked outside.
One of my TD5s needed a new key fob so booked it in to have it programed to my vehicle, the service guy took the keys and drove it round the back. Some time later the guy came and found me and asked if I had an immobiliser on the vehicle, only the factory one I replied, so off he went. Another hour later he came back and said they were having trouble starting my car and was I sure I didn't have a immobiliser Rolling Eyes I assured him that I was quite sure. He then came back 30 Min's later saying the ECU was broken so it will be £900 fitted, shall we go ahead? No you Censored won't! Get me a loan car now Twisted Evil Had a big fight with them for 3 weeks and ended up getting nowhere, so took it to another dealer who fixed it. Twisted Evil Still makes me angry!
There are many more stories but my blood pressure can't take it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
To top it all last month I went to look at a new D3 whilst taking advantage of the 2 years 0% interest. The salesman said the person who gives the prices wasn't available so could I come back later Confused I thought they where trying to shift them! Anyway, I went back the next day and saw the same salesman who then came out to look over my car so as to give me a price Confused Couldn't he have done that the previous day? Evil or Very Mad . Left me looking round the showroom for 30 Min's then told me he couldn't give me a price there and then as it was an import Confused . I explained I had bought it 2 years ago and that the previous owner ordered a UK car in the UK but had it delivered to Germany as that is where he was based, so its pdi was done there.His response was "well, its an import so we will have to ring round for a price". Fair enough. Waited a week; nothing, so I rang them. The reception desk said he would ring me back; this happened twice, still no call as of today Rolling Eyes I'm not going to chase them that hard and twist their arm so they can sell me a new one!

Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored

Rant over for now Yawn
Is it just me Question

Post #36214419th Oct 2008 9:00 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Glynne. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Had the following conversation with my dealer on Friday,
"Can I have a statement of works or invoice for all the work (4 visits) carried out on my D3 please"?
"Sorry Sir that's between us and LR nothing to do with you. It's warranty work" Thud
"What? You carry out work on MY car and it is nothing to do with me?"
"That's right sir all the work is carried out by ourselves on behalf of LR under the warranty" Thud
"So I purchase a warranty contract from LR between myself and LR, no one else is involved and you tell ME that it has nothing to do with me?!!
"Yes Sir" Thud
I had my daughter with me so my parting shot was "I'll be in contact with LR and we'll see about that"
How arrogant is that. I am solely liable for the condition of the car when I take it on the road not Stratstone!! I haven't had a chat with LR yet but in all the years and dealings with car dealerships I have never been so insulted. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Just who Censored Censored do they think they are! The work was from the initial buy so can't walk away yet.

Trev. See what you made me do Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #36216119th Oct 2008 9:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 
Re: WHY ?

GLYNNE wrote:
Is it just me Question

Nope! There are simply lots of Censored dealers out there and they are not restricted by brand. Rolling Eyes

Sorry to say chap, if you ain't prepared to do as I (& others) do, and look further afield for a decent dealer, then you are not going to be a happy punter.

Fact of life - get used to it I'm afraid.

My routine services employ a 500+ mile round trip Shocked

BTW, is your dealer part of a large national chain by any chance??? Yawn
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36216419th Oct 2008 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GLYNNE

England 

Laughing Laughing Not just me then Thumbs Up

You just cant make this Censored up can you Laughing

Post #36216619th Oct 2008 9:32 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

yeovil were more than happy to print me all the paperwork for my warranty stuff recently, but did say that some dealers don't like doing it (why not FFS!!!)

My view (not that I had any agrro getting it) , was that a part has been replaced on my vehicle, I want a history of all the parts replaced and exact work taken out. Alway have done & always will.

Mercedes were the same, one dealer was fine with giving me the paperwork, another REALLY didn't want to. Nothing a quick call to Mercedes CS didn't sort out Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #36217219th Oct 2008 9:37 pm
TSR2

Totally agree Bodsy. Thumbs Up The agreement is between me and LR and it is my car that they are working on. Evil or Very Mad
What ever happened to customer service?? What is really amazing is that I sat them down after the last debacle and told them that because the customer service was so appalling I would not be returning in the future once the pre-sales work was completed and yet they are just as bad as they ever were. They obviously weren't trying to impress me to keep my business. Have these companies not heard of continuous improvement?? Sorry there go the low flying bacon sandwiches again.
I have a letter from LR, in which they have asked me to detail all the problems with the dealership. I am not going to send it in until I am finished with Stratstones as I feel they may have some further shocks in store for me. Thud Banging Head Banging Head

Oh and by the way they refused to give me the service document which was carried out the day before I collected the car. They said it belonged to them and they wouldn't tell me if any of the mileage related service work had been carried out or not. Maybe I shouldn't have told them they were cr*p.

Trev.

Post #36219419th Oct 2008 10:22 pm
elephantman

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Glynne, you are not alone, the dealers nearest to me always look down their collective noses (well the sevice side do, salesman that sold the car to me always has time to chat) Sometimes feel like a second class citizen when I'm in there, whether for a service or warranty work, their attitude towards me stinks. But having recently had contact with customer services about work being done and having filled in two "satisfaction" surveys where I didn't hold back, there was a very slight improvement but it didn't last, the result? I'll be going to another dealer for the next service.

Post #36219519th Oct 2008 10:35 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

When I receive bad service from anywhere, I really try hard never to give them any more business, even if it means a bit of inconvenience. If enough people did this they would eventually learn, either that, or they'll have more time to think about it while unemployed.
Thumbs Up
I used to run a small fleet of 30 expensive Volvo's in my own company and was buying around 10 a year. Funny thing is when I threatened to take my business elsewhere just because of bad service, Volvo weren't bothered. Got me thinking... how many cars have you got to buy a year before the dealers start to treat you properly?
Confused
There are some good LR dealers around (and a few really good ones), just takes time to find them.
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #36220419th Oct 2008 11:03 pm
TSR2

Me too Paul. Just waiting for them to finish putting right the pre-delivery problems. Have my spikes on and can't wait to get the chance to use Duckworth's of Market Rasen. They are a breath of fresh air, already met with them and was treated really well. I am looking forward to giving them my business. Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #36221319th Oct 2008 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >