Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

whos ready for a lock down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Try and keep away from close contact with the bloody Italians. ........that's not going to work.

Stay away from those that refuse to follow the government's guidance , don't let their actions put you at risk. Thumbs Up

I wish you and Grianaig well.
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #21264798th Mar 2020 2:47 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Due to selfish muppets stockpiling:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co....s-51790375

I was listening to a woman from Age Concern talking about how some elderly people (not forgetting those on low incomes) simply can’t afford to stockpile nor have the transportation to do so.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #21264818th Mar 2020 2:48 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hardware wrote:
Grianaig wrote:
Mustn’t think that Dean. Sooner you start chemo the better. My second treatment was delayed for several weeks and there was disease progression. Compromised immunity means being extra careful about infections. As a retired microbiologist now 83 I have an ingrained routine of hygienic behaviour. Second nature from working for years with highly pathogenic micro-organisms in the early days before modern containment systems. Good luck with the treatment. Thumbs Up

It's not the C-word, I have an autoimmune disease. Been doing this "hobby" of mine for over 12 years now ... been arguing to get this particular flavour of potion for 3 years, since a new consultant (since left Smile ) decided to have a "rethink" and the delay dropped me off the "automatically have another dose" list.

The only real problem with the timing is that the medics are wary of committing to the normal n doses over x weeks as they may have to shut wards due to covid-19.

I am on twice daily chemo tablets this time around. No infusions so only a once in three week trip to hospital for preassessment and blood test, collect next batch of tablets and home.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #21264858th Mar 2020 3:22 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

darrind wrote:
NoDo$h wrote:
Totally looking forward to walking in to the field next door and shooting a cow in the face. You can keep your rabbits and freeze-dried toilet paper, it's steak all the way for me baby.

are you Jeremy Clarkson... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

The original post raised a smirk.
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Post #21264878th Mar 2020 3:37 pm
jonnybeer

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

jonnybeer wrote:
71 here. Just booked a 10 holiday to Tenerife. Looks a bit safer there. ( warmer and drier too ) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It' golf for me. Probably wouldn't have gone by choice but asked as a replacement as someone cried off and it seemed a good idea at the time although I'm inclined to carry on as normal, stiff upper lip and that. Handicap pretty s**t though. Laughing Laughing

Post #21265368th Mar 2020 7:10 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

And here's why human nature will defy any attempt to apply logic and reason to the situation

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar...s-in-italy

News of the planned lock-down gets leaked, so thousands flee the area ahead of the travel ban and in doing so guarantee the fire becomes an explosion.

Basically reaffirms my long held view that on the whole, humanity is a failed experiment.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #21265398th Mar 2020 7:22 pm
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

I was wondering just what you have to do to get through to people. ......I hope they catch who leaked it.
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #21265438th Mar 2020 7:39 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

We’re a bit behind the curve on prepping as just got back 6 days ago but have been making up for lost time. All out of date food has been saved from the bin, fresh food bought in and much of it cooked then frozen. Luckily we’d heard of shortages of Paracetamol so brought some home from Aus, plus all soap we could acquire from our last hotel. Our main fridge/freezer doesn’t have a very large freezer so Engel is now back in service and sitting at -17c. I was going to flog it last summer but luckily didn’t get round to it. Thumbs Up

Then we heard of potential power outages as so many peeps were staying at home and doing socially irresponsible things like cooking. Whistle Whistle We have 2 x D3 batteries in the garage that might still have some life in them so knocked up this contraction so I can power up the Engel from either of the batteries. For how long is a different matter.

Click image to enlarge

Officially ready for the zombie apocalypse, well we will be when Virgin Wine get round to delivering our order. Whistle Whistle

Post #213346931st Mar 2020 5:46 pm
Hot Tub

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Decent size solar panel & a proper MPPT controller to keep batteries topped up DSL Thumbs Up
 Welsh Collie Chauffeur Service To Barney & Rooney.  
Post #213349831st Mar 2020 7:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >