Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

which smart phone with windows mobile software?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Thans guys for the help.

I bought the Palm treo 750 and the bluetooth connection works OK.
Shame on Land Rover that their list of compatible phone is so out of date and incomplte! Evil or Very Mad

The pda seems handy, although it is my first similar machine so I can not compare. Surely I would not want a smart phone without keyboard.

I tried as well using dialing through voice command.
After two years of owning the car I hoped to use it, programmed some numbers and tested.
Big disappointment. Big Cry After recognizing the voice command (doesn't work as faultless as should be - by far! Evil or Very Mad ) it started to dial a completely different number stored in my mobile....

I will be testing more.

Post #18001620th Jul 2007 8:14 am
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I've been using a O2 XDA Exec for 15 months which works fine via bluetooth. You get the occasional glitch where every once in a while the phone wont pair but I think thats more of a bluetooth issue. The Exec has a keyboard and a swivel style screen and the voice commands all work well with names stored in the car.
 I don't dance but I do Disco  
Post #18036321st Jul 2007 8:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
davrobin

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Apple iPhone - works just fine

Hi - just joined the forum, but been lurking a while. Thought it might be of interest that the Apple iPhone bluetooth works just fine in the UK D3 (06MY TDV6 HSE) - in fact better than with my Nokia 6680 which kept locking up despite latest software in the phone. Of course you only get the basic functionality of the PTI (no contacts synching or anything like that) but it works seamlessly and reliably.
The iPhone (obviously) came from the US and has been released from the at&t SIM lock - it is operating fine on the Orange GSM network. It doesn't have GPS or 3G but for otherwise is pretty well equipped for Apples first dabble in the phone market. For those that will wait out until November for the UK variant, you may still have to overcome the SIM lock as it looks like it will be O2/Carphonewarehouse got the sole supply. Get one stateside if you want one and are going there anyway - much cheaper since they dropped the price by $200!
 Got iPhone? It Rocks!
Discovery TDV6 HSE
Freelander TD4 Serengeti 

Post #20658421st Sep 2007 5:01 pm
captain_sugar

Czech Republic 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

I forgot to thank all those who sent recommendations in this thread. i am now using the palm treo 750.
BLuetooths well with the disco! So good that it wants to stay connected too long. I can't be near the car or the phone is "in" the car.

Post #20658821st Sep 2007 5:10 pm
davrobin

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

captain_sugar wrote:
I forgot to thank all those who sent recommendations in this thread. i am now using the palm treo 750.
BLuetooths well with the disco! So good that it wants to stay connected too long. I can't be near the car or the phone is "in" the car.

I had that problem with my Nokia strangely enough - with the iphone you get a splash screen that gives you the option to take the call on the Land Rover or on the iPhone - only noticed that at the weekend when getting out of the car at Tescos.... that was pretty cool. I wouldn't have noticed normally as the phone is usually in my pocket or in the cubby box.
 Got iPhone? It Rocks!
Discovery TDV6 HSE
Freelander TD4 Serengeti 

Post #20751724th Sep 2007 4:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >