DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Wheel Arch Laquer Peeling 2016 Landmark
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Redroof

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Wheel Arch Laquer Peeling 2016 Landmark

Hi all,
Just back from the last LR service on my 2016 Landmark from the service package that was added on when I bought it.
It mentioned blemished paint on the NSF wheel arch. Funnily enough I had washed and polished the car just two days before and didn’t notice it, however, I did notice a paint issue on the bumper - which would likely be explained by a stone chip. See the pics attached.
That’s not to say it wasn’t there, and for sure I’m not going to get into an argument with the dealer that I’d never win, I have neither the drive nor the time for it.
That being said, it’s not right on a 5 year old car. I see the paint warranty is 6 years but I really don’t want to go to my dealer, either of them, North or South, because any interactions with them since buying the car have been simply awful.
What’s anyone’s thoughts? Get another dealer on it, Tweet directly at them and publicly shame the terrible paintwork? Or just save the hassle and pay for it to be repaired myself, or even leave it because unless it craps itself I intend to keep it for a while yet?
Cheers
Garry

Current Stable
1998 300TDi Defender 90 'Daisy'
2006 Audi RS4 Avant Daytona Grey 'Ava' (just cant let go)
2016 D4 Landmark Waitomo Grey 'Dora' 

Post #225061710th Sep 2021 8:32 pm
Sylvester19

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Doesn't look good, looks very much like a power washer if you haven't noticed it before, as you say try & prove it after leaving the dealership. Have you owned it from new, if not, possiblity that it may have been a smart repair. The good thing is its on the plastic panels, they tend to look slightly different in colour anyway and wouldn't look out of place if you get them resprayed.

Post #225062410th Sep 2021 9:25 pm
SteveKK

Ukraine 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Having spent some time moving customer vehicles at a BMW dealership I can provide some insight into how they try to protect themselves against such issues.

Before we moved customer vehicles we would do a walk round video where we were expected to show and commentate on any external damage we could see. I have seen other dealerships doing the same, so no reason why your dealer would not have some similar record. Maybe approach them about the damage and ask if they record vehicle condition on arrival. You could even spend time in their car park, ideally soon after opening, to see if they do for yourself.

Regards,
Steve

Post #225067411th Sep 2021 9:34 am
notyalc

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Looks like the ‘valeted’ was a little too keen with the Karcher….

Had the same with Audi many years ago, twice in 2 years, 1 service per year.
Both times front end was re lacquered FOC.

Post #225073911th Sep 2021 5:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >