Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 41 of 286 <123 ... 404142 ... 284285286>
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

However ... all very insignificant compared to my feelings about the Censored who broke into my Dad's house whilst he was taking my Mum to the day-care centre this morning.

I do so wish he/she/them had still been in the house when I got there. Censored

Post #211538524th Jan 2020 6:48 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hospital with mother in low Whistle
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #211542024th Jan 2020 10:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Hardware wrote:
and where on earth did they get the jury from for this ...

BBC website wrote:
A van driver who repeatedly struck a police officer with a machete during a routine traffic stop has been found guilty of wounding with intent.

Muhammad Rodwan attacked PC Stuart Outten, 29, after he was pulled over in Leyton, east London, on 7 August.

The officer was badly injured and has yet to return to work.

Rodwan, who has previous convictions for rape and two other machete attacks, was also cleared by the jury of possessing an offensive weapon.

How is having a machete NOT possession of an offensive weapon ????

Hardware, being in possession of a machete in itself is not being in possession of an offensive weapon. A machete in itself is not an offensive weapon as it is not against the law to be in the simple possession of a machete. A machete is not banned as an offensive weapon.

Guess who has been stopped for carrying a machete and guess which police constable got his backside 'kicked' by his superiors.

Threaten or use a machete against a person and it has gone from carrying a tool to being in possession of an offensive weapon

IMO the jury was wrong in this case.

Most of us carry a wheel brace etc in our vehicles, which we carry as a tool. Take that wheel brace out and threaten or strike someone with it and it has crossed the line from being a tool to being an offensive weapon.

In my mind anyone attacking an emergency worker and seriously injuring an emergency worker should be convicted of attempted murder. Striking someone around the head with a machete especially several times is attempted murder in my book

Post #211542524th Jan 2020 10:44 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Hardware wrote:
However ... all very insignificant compared to my feelings about the Censored who broke into my Dad's house whilst he was taking my Mum to the day-care centre this morning.

The Censored should be knee-capped.

Be glad your parents weren't there when the Censored broke in. These Censored are quite happy to beat up old folk for a handful of coins. At least your parents are unhurt (albeit I bet still shaken up).
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #211542624th Jan 2020 10:46 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

leeds wrote:

Guess who has been stopped for carrying a machete and guess which police constable got his backside 'kicked' by his superiors.

Were you wandering down the high street brandishing it?

It's not an offence to have such things, of course, but if one is in a public place there has to be good reason for possession. A large knife on your belt when working in a context that requires such a thing is perfectly legal. Take the same knife on your belt in to an urban pub on a Friday night when three-parts drunk and try to explain that you have a reasonable requirement for it in that context.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #211542924th Jan 2020 10:50 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Quote:
RRSTDV8

leeds wrote:

Were you wandering down the high street brandishing it?

Well it was a few years (sorry decades) ago! New Guinea 75 member had left a Martindale machete in my car. So I carried it back whilst walking to the University of Leeds. Copper stopped me accusing me of carrying a sword and waving this offensive weapon about. This I denied. Now being in 1975 his police radio did not work well so he went into red K9 to speak to his sergeant. So I sat on panda car bonnet whilst he made the phone call. He come out from the K9 and basically told me to Censored off. These were in the days before stab vests, pepper spray, tasers etc! So copper against 2' Martindale would not be a fair fight.

Post #211543324th Jan 2020 11:16 pm
leeds

RRSTDV8 wrote:

It's not an offence to have such things, of course, but if one is in a public place there has to be good reason for possession. A large knife on your belt when working in a context that requires such a thing is perfectly legal. Take the same knife on your belt in to an urban pub on a Friday night when three-parts drunk and try to explain that you have a reasonable requirement for it in that context.

I often have a stanley type knife in my work clothes so going/coming away from work in work clothes so perfectly legal. Going clubbing (not that I have done it) with a stanley knife in your pocket and you will be skating on thin ice.

Having a baseball bat, glove, ball in your car on way to baseball practise is perfectly legal. Carry a baseball bat for self protection and that becomes a big NO NO

Post #211543724th Jan 2020 11:39 pm
Pelyma

England 

Having work clothes on is not justification you have to have a reasonable purpose. I could be dressed up for shooting walking down the high street but I couldn’t carry a gralloching knife. If you are dressed in work clothes and you are walking from your van to a customers house to lay a carpet that would be justification.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #211543824th Jan 2020 11:47 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If you were on your way to or from shooting and went via the high street for a legitimate reason and were behaving in a civil manner you’d have no reason to fear carrying a concealed gralloching knife on your person.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #211545125th Jan 2020 12:40 am
Pelyma

England 

That’s what I’m getting at it’s not your clothing, you have to be able to evidence why you have it.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #211548325th Jan 2020 8:52 am
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hardware wrote:

I’m sorry this happened. I understand your feelings as this happened to me and I struggle with it and the fact that the scum who did it lives only round the corner Twisted Evil

I know what I need to do but that would end up with me being prosecuted worse than them.

I hope you get some justice
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #211549025th Jan 2020 9:16 am
leeds

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Hardware wrote:

The Censored should be knee-capped.

Sorry RR I disagree about the knee capping.

Now if a certain part of their anatomy were between two bricks being brought together at a rapid pace I would suggest that as an alternative.

My view is that scumbags often breed scumbags so you might slow down the scumbag breeding cycle.

Knee capping and they more likely to claim of the working/tax paying community as they would claim incapacity to work.

My suggested method and you would get the do gooders shouting about right to family life, cruel unusual punishment etc., however does not stop them working.

It is a sad state of affairs unfortunately!

Post #211554225th Jan 2020 1:47 pm
Hardware

Quote:
Now if a certain part of their anatomy were between two bricks being brought together at a rapid pace I would suggest that as an alternative.

Apparently it can be painful …. unless you remember to keep your thumbs on the outsides.

Fingerprint team came earlier ... sadly it was quickly apparent the scrote(s) had been wearing gloves.

Heavy duty nightlatch is now installed and the deadlock is getting upgraded tomorrow.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #211554525th Jan 2020 2:03 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Hardware wrote:
Hardware wrote:
and where on earth did they get the jury from for this ...

BBC website wrote:
A van driver who repeatedly struck a police officer with a machete during a routine traffic stop has been found guilty of wounding with intent.

Muhammad Rodwan attacked PC Stuart Outten, 29, after he was pulled over in Leyton, east London, on 7 August.

The officer was badly injured and has yet to return to work.

Rodwan, who has previous convictions for rape and two other machete attacks, was also cleared by the jury of possessing an offensive weapon.

How is having a machete NOT possession of an offensive weapon ????

Well ... the Judge is clearly a bit more sensible. The Censored Censored got 10 years.

I'm surprised that with that sort of history he wasn't in prison somewhere anway.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #211555625th Jan 2020 3:15 pm
Hardware

leeds wrote:
being in possession of a machete in itself is not being in possession of an offensive weapon. A machete in itself is not an offensive weapon as it is not against the law to be in the simple possession of a machete. A machete is not banned as an offensive weapon.

I totally get the argument of carrying appropriate tools for a given situation/trade ... but it would be hard to argue the case that this machete was in any way a necessary tool for the Censored to be carrying.

Click image to enlarge

Post #211562025th Jan 2020 7:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 41 of 286 <123 ... 404142 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >