Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 282 <123 ... 222324 ... 280281282>
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Looked into rust-proofing my D3, the received offers seem dodgy and the companies don’t seem to have experience of Discoveries.

And the only guy I’d really trust to do it right has his shop somewhere in Scotland. Whistle

Post #206438127th Jun 2019 1:57 pm
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Rescue01 wrote:
The idiot service advisors at Arnold Clark who couldn’t give me a price for an oil and filter change on the wife’s car cause I wouldn’t give them the mileage!!!!

Total computer says no generation who should not be working as “service advisors “ if they don’t no a bonnet from a boot Censored

Also the same dealer who told me that my rear discs were severely pitted and I had to replace them and the pads 3000 miles ago. Told them to fek off Had it MOTd yesterday and it passed with no advisories and I know for a fact the garage that did the MOT are very strict and by the book. Dealers are stealers Evil or Very Mad
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #206438927th Jun 2019 2:15 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Went to new LR dealership recently to get a part. Couldn't see the parts desk door as I approached so asked in the showroom. "Oh, we don't have that anymore, we'll get the storeman to come out." After a brief wait, the storeman comes out, I ask if he has said bit. "I'll go and check", wait, he comes back to say it needs to be ordered. Then has to go back to order it before returning with info as to likely delivery. Utter madness to have all of this walking back and forth through the showroom. A simple desk in the corner would seem to be simple enough to provide.

Perhaps LR dealers don't want to encourage people who buy parts - if you're buying parts then you're not likely to be a buyer of over-priced new vehicles, I guess, and so not wanted. Rolling Eyes

The three (yes, three!) ladies sat on the reception desk did offer me a coffee. If I'd known how long the to-and-for would take, I'd have accepted a coffee to keep me going! Yawn
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #206439527th Jun 2019 2:26 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The threads on this forum where people post their headings and add ..... "Discuss"..... or "Talk to Me"!!

To me, that's an attitude issue and the very last thing I'd want to contribute towards!

I'm not going to offer my experiences/comments on supply to the demand of others!

Twisted Evil
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #206443827th Jun 2019 6:54 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Putting the bins out thie evening and met 3 adults and a kid walking up our drive.

Can I help you.

We have come to look at the horses (Our neighbours horses in a field adjoining our drive with D4 parked on)

This is a private drive please leave.

We have only come to show child the horses (grazing just over fence by our D4)

Please leave our private property.

That man is a horrid man.

Drive gate firmly locked.

Apart from trespassing I would not tell the lazy ignorant people that there is a public right of the way through the fields where the horses graze as that would mean an extra 150 metres walking going across two stiles!

Brendan

Post #206446927th Jun 2019 8:33 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

That’s nothing !! Poor kid will be traumatised for life now Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I’ve just got me iPad Pro out me work bag and sat out side with a small cider and bit in to a still warm sausage and it’s spurted fat over the Bledy screen Big Cry Big Cry
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #206447327th Jun 2019 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

I get this regularly Evil or Very Mad My wife stopped a family at the weekend who told her they didn’t think it was private until you got to the house and they just wanted to pet the horses. She told them the horses bite do they replied they weren’t going to touch them! I even had one guy who decided he was going to walk off around the fields. I asked him where he lived so I could walk around his garden - apparently that isn’t the same and I was just being a Censored Thud
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #206447927th Jun 2019 9:04 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

I am not a horse owner or lover of horses. Never owned one or ridden one.

Now the fields around our house has horses grazing in them and footpaths crossing them. Have had to shout at dog walkers to put their dogs on a lead as they were running around the horses.

They would really complain if one of the horses kicked out and hurt their out of control dogs.

When will some ignorant people learn to respect other peoples property and animals.

Brendan

Post #206448227th Jun 2019 9:17 pm
Sea Raider

This did

Censored Censored

Post #206453028th Jun 2019 7:12 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

so ... yesterday late afternoon, just tidying away tools and Censored before SWMBO gets back and get a call from Sister-In-Law-Squared (my brother married SWMBOs sister) "is anyone free to give me a lift?" - no urgency in her voice so i said why I couldn't do it "it's just that (bro/hubby) has been knocked off his bike and i need a lift so i can go in the ambulance"

house locked, tools everywhere ... off i go.

as we're approaching, can see 2 ambulances and he's on the floor being held down to stop him moving.

"goat 1" : turns out neither ambulance should be there, both were stuck in the traffic and one driver is main witness. the "real" ambulance is lost somewhere "because the sat-nav took them to the wrong place". total Censored ... none of the chaps/chapesses from the ambulances that were there believed it and said as much. Must have been an hour from phone call to "emergency" ambulance getting there and it's only about 1/2 mile from local ambulance station.

"goat 2" : family of 4 walk by, between bro and his bike. the kids - max 10 years old ? - point to bike and say "hey dad, can we have that bike ?" .they didn't even turn round to look at body on floor but their dad (assumption) said "no, it probably belongs to him there"

"goat 3" : local scrotes on bikes start gathering between paramedics/bro and his bike. one even starts seeing if his own wheel will come off easily. presumably to do a swap if we weren't watching.

i'm half wishing they'd tried to nick something ... it would've kept the 3 ambulance crews very busy and i'd have released some of my frustration at not being able to do anything.

on the bright side ... bro is alive if still pumped full of morphine and, despite the initial thoughts being he'd broken an arm (maybe both), collar bone and dislocated shoulder, a full body scan shows none of those.

He's more concerned about his bike, naturally.

Post #206453728th Jun 2019 7:44 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

UK mental health care - its Censored scary I am finding out as family member now in it Sad

Post #206457028th Jun 2019 10:14 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
UK mental health care - its Censored scary I am finding out as family member now in it Sad

Too Censored right. How people who provide it carry on is beyond me - the lack of resources must be soul-destroying. Judge a culture by how it treats its elderly, its animals and people with mental illness. It is almost as if people with mental illness fail some calculation of financial pay-back period for the costs of care. I have been a "service user" for twenty years, the level of interest, care and compassion always comes down to individuals - not The System, or any inherent characteristics thereof - and many of the best people just give-up and go off to the private sector. So many gaps in The System end up being filled by charities. As in many cases, the NHS is often good in severe crises - before that point is reached, things are a complete lottery; even at a crisis point, people end up being passed around like a hot potato because of a lack of money, a lack of capacity and a lack of resources.

@astonbuilder, find a charity or other organisation that can act as an advocate.

Thank you, Jeremy Xunt, ex Health Secretary, for the impressive levels of funding... Confused

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #206492729th Jun 2019 5:39 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

Decision made to hang onto the D4 for a bit longer, last week was 3 year service and MOT time. The service was the final ‘free’ one included in the service plan thrown in when I bought the car so it was picked up by the stealer.
All well, service completed, MOT carried out with no advisories, the brake fluid changed as requested and car delivered back to me the same day.
Later that day I checked the ad blue status and it was still showing the remaining range as 1200 miles despite the paperwork clearly stating that 12 litres had been added 🙁. After a dozen or so journeys I dropped into the stealers and queried this. Car was taken into the workshop and returned within 30 minutes, all sorted out Sir, it was a software issue Whistle
At this point I showed the service manager the ad blue fluid that had been dribbled down the rear quarter panel when they had obviously opted to add what they had forgotten to do during the service.
Discussions around ‘what else had been forgotten’, referred to Dealer Principle who will review.
Honest mistakes do happen by why do they have to treat me like an imbecile and lie through their teeth 🤬
When waiting I was browsing the showroom and not one sales person took the slightest bit of interest, 5 of them in a huddle mocking the Ladies World Cup game from the night before for the whole time I was in.
Fully loaded D5 HSE Lux priced at £78k, 😳 although the retractable side steps are pretty nifty.

Post #206494829th Jun 2019 8:27 pm
Pelyma

England 

That’s exactly why I moved to Porsche.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #206497930th Jun 2019 6:36 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Gazumpers.... Twisted Evil

We bought a house last week and the vendors stopped taking further viewings. Some Censored rang and offered to top whatever we had agreed to pay by 30% Shocked.

Luckily for us, the vendors consider a hand-shake as morally binding and declined it. A reassuringly honourable approach that would have been the norm forty years ago.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #206500530th Jun 2019 9:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 23 of 282 <123 ... 222324 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >