Post Reply  Down to end
Page 169 of 282 <123 ... 168169170 ... 280281282>
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

nigethecat wrote:
Moo wrote:
Fit to Fly test.
Are you not usually lying back in Business Class rather than trying to jump into the front left seat ? Rolling with laughter I honestly thought all of that had been done away with as I haven't been asked for it recently...

I do turn left when I get on long haul, but sadly that doesn't negate the need for FTF. San Diego tomorrow for a week, home for a week then hopefully Japan early June if it does open as expected.

Still hate wearing a mask though, but it's amazing how long you can make food and drink last.... Whistle
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #229217018th May 2022 9:56 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I am now at the stage where if anyone came to front door and tried to sell me something, I'd take them out!

3 weeks ago I and the low lifes who owe me money were sent to a court, 40 miles from me. Due to what they call 'an administrative error', we were sent to the wrong court.

I have now on 3 separate occasions tried to find out what, if anything, is being done to sort this out.

Like the 2 previous attempts, after an hour of being in a system that tells me my call is important and an advisor will be with me shortly, I give up.

All county court telephone numbers ask you to ring a central number which apparently is based in London. If the number is actually manned, they either don't have enough operators or they are just incompetent.

By allowing the public to call the actual court in question would help spread the calls to where they should be at in the first place.

So my rant is this, COVID gave the government the excuse to let everyone work from home, unsupervised and able to do very little in the way of work.

Lets get everyone back in the workplace where they can be accountable.

The Passport Office, DVLA and the Court system are pathetic if a human has to be involved. If it can be done online and a computer deals with it, there's very little delay.

What part of too many managers, usless call centres and public distrust of civil servants is so hard for the bean counters to understand?

Rant over.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #229224019th May 2022 12:26 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Yesterday I went to take some "drawdown" from one of my pension pots.

Got through to a lad who, given policy number and a couple of security answers, offered me a better option than I was expecting ... so took details and called my Financial Adviser (no, it's not SWMBO )

He said, essentially, go for it.

So rang pension company back and ended up speaking to one of the least sharp knives in the drawer.

"that's not a valid policy number - it's too short"

- "but I'm reading it straight off your website AND it was valid 20 minutes ago when I spoke to one of your colleagues"

Much discussion about policy type and she comes back with

"oh, that was just a life cover policy and it lapsed 4 years ago so has no worth"

Now ... I KNOW SHE IS WRONG, but my heart feels like it is now doing 200+ bpm and I'm feeling nauseous. She's happily telling me that I've NOT got a (low) 6-figure pot to play with.

Anyway, after further discussion she starts to wonder if there is someone better to deal with this - I suspect the person who cleans the toilets in wherever she works would have been an improvement - but she transfers me and (15 mins later) I speak to a lad who cannot work out what the f Censored k she was on about and sorts it out quickly and efficiently.

Post #229224619th May 2022 1:05 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Evri (new name for Hermes). Censored

Order something, get an email from the supplier telling me it's been shipped. Get an email telling me that Evri have the parcel and it's winging its way to me. Yippee. Get a text telling me of the delivery time slot. This arrives approx. midway through said time slot and finds me out with the dogs. Get home, get an email saying "we tried to deliver". Ah well, they'll try again next working day (Monday). I phone the chap on Tuesday (he's the local regular guy so his number is known in the village). He tells me he didn't try to deliver it at all. It was on his list but he didn't receive the parcel. When he tried to delete it from his list it just defaulted to "we tried to deliver".

Parcel still isn't here. If it doesn't arrive by the beginning of next week, I'll ask the supplier for a refund. Not in a rush for the parcel as it's just some shoes, but if it's sitting in Evri's warehouse for a while then it'll probably end up "lost" in someone's car boot.

So Evri have changed their name but not their inability to deliver stuff correctly. Rolling Eyes
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #229225319th May 2022 2:03 pm
Washwipe

England 

Leopard and spots spring to mind.

Post #229228319th May 2022 6:34 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

There is a very good reason why we will not use Hermes/Evri.

We have a Hermes depot across the yard from us!

Just watching the Hermes clowns sorry professional courier drivers is enough to ensure we do not use them

Brendan

Post #229228819th May 2022 7:11 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

In fairness, our local chap is ok. He makes an effort, leaves his phone number on parcels (he can then act as a collection agent which may earn him more cash), etc.. But he is part of the overall Hermes system and thus painted with their "useless" brush.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #229230219th May 2022 8:37 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
Cycle event organisers

"I know, let's put on a cycle event and route it through loads of lanes that are only as wide as a car".

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

In the third photo (which I took after just shy of 2 miles at <15mph) the chap I had been behind for roughly a lifetime opted not to pull into this passing space (the 5th or 6th he'd passed). To rub salt into the wound, said passing space had been the resting spot for a bunch of cyclists who pulled out as I approached.

What really got me was the faster rider who came up behind me and was gesticulating that I should pull over out of his way to let him pass. So apparently ok to pass with less than 2m room if you are the cyclist, but do that as a motorist (which is a crappy move) and get the highway code lobbed at you and trial by YouTube.

It was extremely unfortunate at this point that a bird pooped on my windscreen, necessitating the cleaning of said screen.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #229249621st May 2022 1:29 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Can your FL2 be fitted with:

a) Full WMIK?
b) Emmit-prodder?

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #229249721st May 2022 1:45 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

When the 270deg awning turns up, I may have to drive with it extended....
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #229250321st May 2022 2:47 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Tins of Hot Dog sausages and packs of rolls… for some strange reason I suddenly had a hankering for old style hot dog sausages and onions in finger rolls when at the shops yesterday but, and it’s a big but, …… why oh why oh why do hot dog sausages only come in tins of 8 and the rolls only come in packs of 6?

My ADHD is doing somersaults working out the combinations of packs of rolls versus tins of sausages (all time limited by the propensity of the rolls to off very quickly) Rolling Eyes
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229250721st May 2022 3:39 pm
al cope

England 

Easy, 3 and 4, then you can scoff 24 👍

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #229252121st May 2022 5:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

And that’s just starters!! Laughing Laughing

Post #229254121st May 2022 6:24 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

al cope wrote:
Easy, 3 and 4, then you can scoff 24 👍

Al

I struggle eating three ! I did try cutting up the fourth sausage (half a tin) into thirds and balancing on top of the other sausage (the rolls were too short to fit it on the end) but it just wasn't right Sad
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229254421st May 2022 6:43 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Sloppy journalism, or is it just sensationalist click bait cr@p?

26 does not equal 500

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #229282324th May 2022 8:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 169 of 282 <123 ... 168169170 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >