Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 168 of 282 <123 ... 167168169 ... 280281282>
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Hermes/Evri

Just had notification of successful delivery today for something I sent to another forum member A MONTH AGO Shocked
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22903995th May 2022 4:23 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

^^ Hermes^^ Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

You have to ask why they felt they had to change their name.

Now we have a Hermes depot across the yard from us and that has given us more then enough reasons NOT to use Hermes.

Today we got a phone call can we quote for your courier rates. Yes go ahead

How much do you pay at the moment?

None of your business you are supposed to be quoting us.

Who do you use?

The Main couriers depending on size, weight and destination.

Well we have negotiated good rates with Hermes

Our response Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter No thank you, goodbye

Brendan

Post #22904045th May 2022 5:05 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

i received a parcel on Wednesday that was couriered by Hermes/Evri, largish box containing 2 folding camping directors style chairs.

The box was battered to bits, gaping holes in it, stapled openings partially torn open etc etc. and all held together with tons of Hermes branded tape.

I left them a 1 star feedback along with a message about the state of delivery, and not even an automated confirmation of receipt never mind any sort of reply.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22904546th May 2022 6:44 am
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

To be fair to Hermes and yes I do find that hard to do.

We have couriers every day and when you see the standard of packaging it is hardly surprising that boxes land up getting battered. One of the issues is the quality of the cardboard boxes used. One culprit is Amazon which use large single walled boxes for a small item plus a scrap of brown paper. That is unlikely to really survive the courier network.

Then throw in shall we say the standard of care/service of the likes of Hermes. Loading cars in the rain, throwing boxes onto wet ground, forcing large poor quality boxes into rear seat of a tiny car is not conducive to goods arriving in good condition.

Good quality boxes made to fit the goods with proper protection on edges cost money, packing items and void filling takes time, however people want free carriage etc.

Brendan

Post #22904586th May 2022 7:11 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Effing insurance company! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Admiral Multicar. It enables my 21 year old daughter to all drive mine and SWMBO's car.

Last year (special introductory offer) : £4610 - yes I know Rolling Eyes
Renewal: £4279 - not to bad. Cheaper than last year Very Happy .
After phone call: - £3209!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Thats over £1000 saving!

Why can't they just get straight to the best price?
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #22904756th May 2022 8:59 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Wow! And there's people on here moaning about road tax Laughing (and yes I know it's called VED - but I still have a logbook for the car and buy petrol/diesel by the gallon)
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #22904776th May 2022 9:06 am
James W

United Kingdom 

On one hand I can't wait for the regulators to pull car insurance to pieces as it's one of the few financial services scams going in a post-PPI world.

On the other hand everyone's insurance will simply skyrocket as a result, across the board, when the apathetical carry-over renewers stop funding the deal surfers.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #22904816th May 2022 9:21 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

a 'howling at the moon' frustration posting Sad

Seeing first hand how Censored up the NHS is. Have had some poor experiences of it with mental health care with my (now adult) daughter but my aged mum had a really poor experience yesterday.

Mum is 86, physically A1 (she is on no medication for anything, something the hospital struggled to accept) but now getting frail and a rapidly declining short-term memory (she's not been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or anything but it has a lot of similarities).

She lives on her own and has drop in carers (paid by us) four times a day and my sis' and B-in-L are in most days as live a few miles away (I live 95 miles away but go up every week) as she is adamant "not going in a home" (I think that is inevitable/coming, my sis' doesn't). She potters around with a stick round her large garden and walks her old dog to 'end of the road' most days.

On Thursday she had a fall at home and morning carer found her just before my B-in-L dropped in to walk the dog. They called ambulance who treated her and advised not worth going in to A&E as would sit there all day and they could find nothing wrong other than a few bruises here and there (and mum all bolshy "there's nothing wrong with me" Laughing )

Saturday (yesterday) the carer called ambulance again and called my B-in-L saying she had chest pains. The ambulance attended at 9.00am and had her in ambulance for an hour. They said she should have gone into A&E on Thursday (no complaints from us about the Thursday crew, we agreed with them) so off she went. My sis was away and my B-in-L not too well himself so I headed up to A&E at Shrewsbury. I got there at 12.00pm mid-day.

Mum was out of the ambulance and in a pre-pre-A&E holding area when I got there (rather than have patients on ambulance trollies sat in car-park they 'sacrifice' one crew to look after 6-8 patients in the holding area to release the ambulances back out onto the road rather than hold with patients in the car park, sensible I'd say).

At 2.00pm mum had a cup of tea and a sandwich and then we waited, and waited, and waited. About 4.30pm I (very politely) asked what was happening, any update, etc. (I really do appreciate NHS, especially front-line) as mum very confused, agitated and in pain. They explained the hospital was full, the holding area was full, the ambulances now queuing in car-park and that's all they could say. I get that, I appreciate the difficulties but mum was all for walking out in her nightie by now (anger, frustration, memory issue, pain, not understanding, not remembering, all played a part).

At 5.32pm she went into pre-A&E (all these pre-pre and pre are their descriptors). At 7.00pm I asked if anymore update and got a very snotty (again, I'm a big boy, I understand the difficulties, I am not a wall-flower) "she's only been in hospital since 5.32pm and its not yet 7.30pm" reply. I calmly point out I accept how they measure but my 86 year old mum has been in a gurney/bed since 9'00am, in pain, confused, etc. and has had one cup of tea and a sandwich, their 'official' time doesn't help her. I was pretty much called a liar about her being fed and watered and told she'd just had an evening meal. I pointed out that I had not left her side and she had not been fed but food was sent to her cubicle but then taken away as they "had mixed up which patients were where" so I guess she was missed in that confusion. There was no canteen/shop open as I went and looked and would have bought her food/drink if I could.

Also a bit of a conflab as I was not 'next-of-kin' with implication I shouldn't be asking anything or expected to be told anything. I pointed out I was NoK as I am her son but I knew that my sister was named as next-of-kin on medical records so told him her name and relationship. He begrudgingly 'accepted' my status at that point. I did point out that I was the only person there so not much choice really.

At 11.00pm mum was moved to A&E 'proper' and intimation was she was stopping in and I should go home. I could not leave mum in the agitated state she was in, she was really out of it all and hadn't got a clue about anything for the last 36 hours so I was having repeat '20 questions' every five minutes; why am I here, where are we, can i go home, why am I in pain, etc. over and over. They did two lots of blood tests and a chest x-ray in this hour. I said if she went to a ward or fell asleep I would leave her then.

I asked how a bed was going to become 'available' in middle of the night and was assured people would be discharged throughout (really Shocked ). At 12.30am they said unlikely a bed would be available so she would have to stay in A&E overnight and go on a ward Sunday morning. At 12.35am she was taken off the trolley bed and put into a 'proper' bed in the A&E cubicle and fell asleep within minutes.

I left her asleep at 12.50am and made my way home (the parking fee was 'only' £8.50....) arriving at 2.30am having had one coffee that I took with me all day (I won't waste away....).

This morning I rang and she is in 'acute assessment' and they have said she won't be discharged today but I'm sure she will be (rightly) discharged tomorrow as they only assess her physical 'illness' and she is very likely to be OK and 'just' need some painkillers for chest pain as nothing found in bloods and x-ray tests done. Her mental health/age assessment is 'nothing to do with this visit' so difficult conversation with my sis' as I think mum needs to go somewhere to be looked after, my sis' doesn't......

The front line staff were excellent and caring at every level but run off their feet, I saw 'mistakes' down to that situation at least three times. For mum to be attended at 9.00am but to take nearly 16 hours to sort 'something' is a terrible reflection on our NHS programme even if she was deemed (I presume) low priority, and I see multiple governments responsible for eroding it over the years.

Not a great reflection on our public services for health by any means.

Apologies for, frustrated, rant Neutral

Post #22907448th May 2022 2:42 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The "little darlings" who think it's a great idea to use a random number generator to call people then disconnect then disconnect the call if anyone answers. So far of today it's been five of them that I've not given the pleasure of hearing my dulcet tones. I'd fine their employers £1M for each call attempted, they wouldn't last long.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #229209918th May 2022 3:03 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Fit to Fly test. I do these so regularly I'm surprised I haven't bored a hole through to the back of my head! Anyway, did mine today in usual way with the same company I've used for ages. Negative test Thumbs Up So went to upload it and they wanted a video of me doing the f'ing test but showing the blank result dooda before I started the video. Rolling Eyes Too late I already have the result. With a bit of ingenuity and cunning I fudge it but it was a real pain. Evil or Very Mad

Why change now? Twisted Evil
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #229210218th May 2022 3:45 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I thought Fit to Fly was to do with the amount of booze consumes pre getting to the gate. Whistle Whistle

TBS, really been lucky as all the restrictions have fallen away before we went off on the appropriate jolly. Just waiting on the USofA knocking off the pre departure testing. Whistle Whistle

Post #229210318th May 2022 3:49 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Moo wrote:
Fit to Fly test.
Are you not usually lying back in Business Class rather than trying to jump into the front left seat ? Rolling with laughter I honestly thought all of that had been done away with as I haven't been asked for it recently... I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229211118th May 2022 4:47 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
NHS part #2 (reception)

So mum has been in Shrewsbury hospital since going into A&E Saturday morning on the 7th May. She spent most of it in a Covid isolation ward completely asymptomatic and tested negative on Monday.

During the time there she was being assessed to see if she can go back home or 'something else' needed. They said likely would be discharged to a community hospital (what I knew as a 'cottage hospital' years back) as feeling was she wasn't ready/unlikely to get back home again Sad

Today was a possible discharge day to the community place (another 30 mins on top of my current 90 min or so journey). I have been ringing the main switchboard on and off all day and am just being fobbed off. Didn't get through 50% of times I tried and when I did get through I was transferred and told 'let it ring' they're busy' - I get all of that but I gave up after 19 minutes ringing out.....

Just tried again now I'm home and phone answered really quickly. I explain mum been there since Saturday and talk of move to Whitchurch so looking to get confirmation, etc. Was told to "ring Whitchurch" to which I pointed out that I didn't know if she'd gone yet. Then I was asked what ward was she on. It didn't have a 'name' I was given and so explained it was a Covid isolation post A&E assessment and she's been there since a week ago Sunday.

At which point I was told "she's been moved" and phone put down. Only problem was I hadn't given her my mum's name so she must be a mind reader....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Found number for Whitchurch and a myriad of options, none of which seem 'suitable' for my enquiry, I'm trying one by one but appears they are 'closed' now according to the website that has no hours but just says try again tomorrow at 9.00am and one option that got an answerphone says they only take calls between 2.30 and 3.30pm daily. How much Censored use is that???

I'm only thankful she's not at deaths door.....as far as I know.

Post #229212218th May 2022 5:22 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

After reading of astonbuilder's trying times, this moan feels a bit silly, but it's cyclists and red lights. In Oxford today, multiple instances of cyclists (none with helmets or high-viz clothing/equipment) ignoring red lights. Either just riding straight through pedestrian crossings or, at junctions, taking to the pavement and weaving through pedestrians before dropping back in to the cycle lane on the other side of the junction. b Censored ds , the lot of them. Make them obtain 3rd party insurance at the very least. Censored
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #229214018th May 2022 7:20 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ah, cyclists and their non-compliance with traffic signals.
Some years ago I was cross the road between St.P's and Kings Upset. A lycra lout tried to shoot through the pedestrians who were crossing the road, shouting and swearing for us to get out of his way. He failed to notice my backpack (How do you miss fully loaded, bright read 85l rucksack?), and also found my tool box. He was dumped on the road with some force "crying for his mummy". A large proportion of the people crossing the road were from one of the local hospitals. The were oh-so-gentle (not) in comforting him and dressing his wounds.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #229215618th May 2022 8:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 168 of 282 <123 ... 167168169 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >