Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 92 of 282 <123 ... 919293 ... 280281282>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Indeed I also thought we had discussed this , alas couldn’t find the original thread

Can’t even begin to imagine what the parents have gone through and to then get this outcome must have been a right kick in the teeth , not even a mention of a fine or points , speechless

A front brake pad was devoid of friction material, warning lights were defective, there was no reserve travel on the hand brake and an off side tyre was cut so that ply chord was visible.

Mr Kew said any of the defects would have made the Land Rover Not roadworthy and would have meant it failed its MoT which it had passed in September 2017

'Any safe and competent driver would have been aware of the brake defect' said Mr Kew.

In his summing up, he said: 'There were 20 defects all of them would have failed an MOT. It was not roadworthy and should not have been driven that day, regardless of the wheel assembly.'

Following the hearing, Detective Inspector Joanna Reeves, from Lincolnshire Police's Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: 'We carried out a full and thorough investigation into this collision.

'I know the family were very disappointed there wasn't a criminal prosecution and I hope the inquest has provided them with some answers.'

Post #220433622nd Jan 2021 10:20 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Facebook!

I'm neither a fan nor a proper user but posted some advice on a Discovery group yesterday and had a look back today to see if I was right ... and either I can't find it or it's been deleted so someone else can say virtually the same thing.

And it wasn't even in the group where I upset the oxygen-thieves by daring to suggest coronavirus is real.

Probably time I grew up and stopped using it altogether.

edit: It's not been deleted but seems that FB doesn't want to show you the info you sought, just the info it wants you to find.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #220549826th Jan 2021 2:05 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Am I the only Grumpy (don't say old) Git this evening ?

this is tasteless.

Post #220558326th Jan 2021 7:20 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

"Chorlton and Old Trafford"? Did he break up with The Wheelies? Why did nobody tell me?!

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #220579527th Jan 2021 2:40 pm
LRD4GAB

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Eon what a bunch of Muppets been on the phone FOR over half an hour about a bill, lady said I'll put you through to payments and guess WHAT she can't take payment she'll get someone to call me back....why are they in business

Post #220585327th Jan 2021 5:34 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Obvious, blatant, scam adverts that just stay ‘live’ on eBay despite reporting Neutral

Got a search set up on ‘classic cars’. Looking at it there are hundreds, if not into thousands, of new adverts from one seller. All have same pattern; one picture of car (fairly obvious random lifted pics) and one picture of email address and instructions this is only way to contact. Any that have bids on are all ‘private’.

Even if it wasn’t a scam (yeah right) it is trying to circumvent purchase/payment rules.

Post #220658130th Jan 2021 11:53 am
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
What sign??

People like this.

The gritters have enough problems clearing the road without idiots like this.

It the snow gate at the Lecht. The guy in the Honda was getting his skis out a moment ago to go for some fun oblivious to the fact he’s blocking the turning point 😡
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #220659430th Jan 2021 12:26 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Aren’t those gates now semi prominently closed?

Post #220659730th Jan 2021 12:39 pm
Rescue01

Not sure Del Embarassed The sign doesn’t say park here Laughing
Post #220659930th Jan 2021 12:46 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Agreed re parking. ISTR after lockdown went in after Chrimbo there were lots of pics of peeps skiing at the Lecht, then the gates were closed.

Mind you, this is nothing new. I once tried that route back from JMC’s gaff, roads were all dry tarmac, totally clear and drivable but the gates were locked. I had to come cack via Reiny and the Cabrach road which was well dodgy. Evil or Very Mad

Post #220660230th Jan 2021 12:52 pm
Rescue01

Are you sure you’ve just not had it locked to keep out the great unwashed from getting to your heeland gaff Laughing

Not sure how they can close a major commuting route even just know Question
Post #220660930th Jan 2021 1:14 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Why is it that no matter how bad a night's kip you've had - tossing and turning, too hot, too cold, etc. - the bed is the perfect temperature and perfectly comfortable just as your alarm goes off? Could have done with an hour extra this morning, the bed was perfect and the alarm says "get up and work!". Evil or Very Mad
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22074282nd Feb 2021 12:32 pm
Ivan

United Kingdom 

Pension companies!! Rip off artists!!
Was notified in May last year that I have a pension with a company I had left over 20 years ago. Nice little sum but not earth shattering. Don't need it as I did not know about it. OK I will transfer it into my existing pension fund with another supplier. Because it's over £30,000 (not by much) and it's a defined benefit one I have to take financial advice. So arrange the financial advice but, because the pension company take 3 weeks to answer an email and insist on everything in writing it's taken me since June last year to get anywhere near getting it transferred. Start to arrange the transfer only to be told the value is not guaranteed, the transfer valuation only lasts for 3 months, you need another valuation. That will be £500 please!!!
So with the cost of the financial advisor and the new valuation fee they are taking almost 10% of the pension fund!!!
I could have taken the pension and was offered £6,000 cash tax free and £1,000 a year for life. That meant I would have to live for over 25 years after retirement to get the pension value back. This does not include any growth on the fund over the 25 years. If I die they get to keep any money left!! It's all a con to try and rip off your pension fund.
 2013 RR Vogue SE SDV8
2013 Freelander 2 HSE Luxury SD4 

Post #22074392nd Feb 2021 12:55 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Rescue01 wrote:
Are you sure you’ve just not had it locked to keep out the great unwashed from getting to your heeland gaff Laughing

Might be to protect my wood stocks from marauding scallywags. Whistle Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Post #22074432nd Feb 2021 1:01 pm
Rescue01

Can’t be yours Del it’s toooo neeeet Laughing
Post #22074472nd Feb 2021 1:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 92 of 282 <123 ... 919293 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >