Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Wet Passenger Footwell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
woffmister

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Wet Passenger Footwell

Like many of the folks here that have experienced a soggy foot well I thought I would summarise my experience of the issue I had with my D3 with water in the foot well. As it is the time of year to have it I thought it might save someone some time searching for a solution.

So here goes.

1st I openned the sunroof and poured water down the drains and I had water running down the fuse box under the passenger footwell. So I cut out the mat in the footwell around the center console and lifted the seat out to get the rest out as its kind of easy.

Then let that dry.

Then set to finding this so called exit in the wing.

After being able to reach the exit point I found that the pipe had fallen off the panel that extrudes from the inner side of the car.

This item was the "author of all my pain".

So we took the wing back so I could see what was going on. I then found that I couldn't really easily pull the exisiting pipe out of this same hole so we found another hole to come out from.

So then I found the pipe that comes down from the sunroof and pulled it out of the back of the dash. Then I found some hose pipe to connect to it and perfect the hoselock stuff is perfect.

So then I set about making a new route and routed it in front of the plastic panel that hides the dash bolts on the edge and then in to a 30mm hole below. Then round to the hole I make by digging out a plug that was glued in.

After all that I bunged it up with silicon and should be good to go for a while Very Happy

Obviously this is just my account of what I found but since the LR version of fixing it sounded a bit of an Censored about way of doing it I thought we should have ago at a "special" alternative.

Good Luck to all the other folks that need boots on to sit in the passenger side, hopefully this has helped someone.
 D3 2005 S Manual
D3 2005 HSE Auto
IID Tool (Not BT yet) 

Post #186692810th Oct 2017 1:49 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Sound advice indeed Thumbs Up
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #186698910th Oct 2017 3:15 pm
Felstmiester

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

When I first got our disco around 6 months ago I noticed the carpet was wet on passenger side. I blew both front drains out and they was fine for ages. Then all of a sudden, wet passenger floor again. This time I examined a bit more and took wing vents out (disco 4 wings) both exits looked to be in good condition. The drivers side was fine and draining perfectly but the p/s was draining so slow the water was eventually filling up the sunroof surround and flowing over the top into the headlining. I have an air gun with a long nossil on it that fits down the hole in the sunroof drain. It took ages to blow out whatever was blocking it up. Previously you could poor water down it gradually and it woul flow out from inner wing but if you poured a little faster it couldn’t drain away fast enough. It’s been fine since so god know what was blocking it. At first I was confused because it seemed to be draining fine so was puzzled where water was getting in.

Post #186717510th Oct 2017 8:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >