DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Westover Landrover - Christchurch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Westover Landrover - Christchurch

I cannot praise Ben Darch and Westover Landrover enough for the superb service I have just recieved from them, not only did they give an impressive discount with Part/ex but also they delivered it with a full tank of diesel to my door. The whole experience was hassle free, no delays and first class.
I would recommend them 100% if you're looking to replace or upgrade your D3. Cheers to Ben Darch Thumbs Up if he reads this.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #519864th Apr 2006 1:01 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

Another brownie point for Westover today. D3 went in to have EPB errors checked out, I was supplied with a D3 courtesy car and had the EPB sorted, the A036 software update etc done at the same and they cleaned it - all finished by 11am. Cheers guys Thumbs Up
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone

Post #913845th Oct 2006 5:11 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Yet another big Thumbs Up for Westover and Ben Darch. Picked up my D3 yesterday and haven't stopped grinning. Ben Darch made me feel extremely welcome and treated my with utmost courtesy and good humour. Some dealers seem to treat their used car customers as a lower form of life but I got the full V8SC Vogue buyer's experience in exchange for my £32k.

Oh, and the full tank of fuel was an unexpected bonus too.

Highly recommended.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1265872nd Feb 2007 11:35 am
russ360

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Having read your praising reports from Westover i feel even more upset by the service i have received and currently receiving.

I bought my 2004 D3 TDV6 SE in Nov 06 and as part of the deal they fitted a detachable Tow Pack. Within 2 days i had a phone call from them saying they had also fitted the stowage box for the tom bar and that they wanted payment of £85 to cover this??!! Firstly i was amazed that a piece of polistirine could cost £85 and secondly upset that they were expecting me to pay for something i had assumed was part of the deal. I explained that i was not prepared to pay £85 for it and they said they would get back to me with a solution.

A month passed and i received a bill in the post for the part! So i called them and this time they wanted me to drive the 25mile round trip from Wimborne to Christchurch and wait an hour while the removed it???? Shocked

I explained i did not have time to do this and that i was angry that they were expecting me to waste my time and effort on returning to them, something they had made a mistake on? However, they then sent over a sales guy to collect my car and take it back to westover, leaving me a courtesy car , and remove the stowage box and then return the car back to me. Surely this must have costed them more that the part itself!! Confused

A month has passed now and my beloved D3 is at Westover for warranty repairs. I have had to wait 2 months to get it booked in with a D3 courtesy car, Its in for a few minor niggles but also a noise problem on acceleration, which i have just been informed by them is a complete gearbox replacement!!! Big Cry

Thank god its under warranty!!

I do feel i have been let down by them and there after customer care. I hope it gets better form here on.

Buy the way Ben Darch was not my sales guy.................(wish he had been though)
 DISCO3 TDV6 SE Auto, Zambezi Silver,  
Post #12999014th Feb 2007 6:08 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Sorry to hear of your problems Russ. Would be interested to hear how the gearbox problems progress. I'm often puzzled why it proves a problem to offer a suitable courtesy car on warranty jobs and hope I never have this kind of experience, because rest assured I'll make my presence known!

I'll keep my eye out for you when out and about in Poole, Wimborne and Bournemouth, be nice to get a D3 wave Very Happy
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #13381027th Feb 2007 9:05 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

Mmmh! russ360 looks like the service department doesn't match the sales department for customer care, I must admit I use Yeovil LR because their service department have always been OK and of course we have Nick in the parts department Wink
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone

Post #13390328th Feb 2007 1:00 am
russ360

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well, after my gripe on Westover and my supposed broken gearbox, things have improved!

I received a phone call the day after my post from Westover Service Dept stating they had read a technical release from Landrover on my noise problem. It turns out its the routing of the fluid pipes near the engine that cause a frequency noise when the engine is running and not the gearbox!! Rolling Eyes

These were re-routed and hey presto noise gone. All other niggles were fixed along with a nice wash and a smile. Very Happy

Worth mentioning the noise issue to other D3 members though. Idea
 DISCO3 TDV6 SE Auto, Zambezi Silver,  
Post #13415128th Feb 2007 9:55 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

My D3 was in for rear suspension alignment work under warranty yesterday. There was a 3-4 week delay for a courtesy car when I contacted the dealer back in March, something that wasn't communicated to me in the most professional manner, but they have more than redeemed themselves.

First, on Friday I had a call from Westover to check I was still ok to drop the car in as scheduled on Tuesday, which was a nice reminder. When I turned up at the dealership I was invited to talk through what had prompted me to ask for the work to be done and what problems/symptoms I had encountered. After this I was walked out to a brand new Freelander2 with a full tank of fuel and sent on my way. Interestingly, I saw that Westover also operate a number of Grande Puntos as courtesy cars. Not sure what the pecking order is on car allocation?

Mid afternoon I received a call from the dealership to advise the work had been completed early and that I was welcome to keep the FL2 overnight and collect the car in the morning or I could collect that afternoon if I preferred. They confirmed the rear tyres/alignment were out of spec and that they would be putting a case to LR for a contribution towards the AT2s I've recently had fitted.

When I dropped the FL2 back they talked me through the compensation process and explained it would take up to 48 hours but that they would keep me informed. The Service Manager was keen to hear my views on the FL2 and responded to my enquiries about the 07 Defender by taking me out to the workshop to look over a new one that was undergoing PDI. They were also keen to hear my experiences of using the D3 offroad and wanted to know how I found the Grabber AT2s as they had received mixed reports from FFRR owners on the 255/55 version of the tyre and have very few D3s in that look like they have ever been offroad (Dom's can't go there too often then!)

Interestingly my neighbour (another 06 SE Auto) has his car worked on by Westover and hasn't been too complimentary. They didn't supply that car, it being sourced through the tax-free scheme when my neighbour was serving in Germany. Although I had initial misgivings based on the delays in getting a courtesy car and the mixed reports on here, the actual experience was very positive and I will be happy to continue using Westovers for servicing and repairs and will be talking to Ben Darch again later in the year when the L200 comes up for replacement as the 07 Defender 90 is high on the list.
Post #1456254th Apr 2007 11:48 am
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

No I got to Yeovil Landrover both for parts and servicing because I always get treated so well by both departments, I would go to Westover (and Ben Darch Wink ) if I wanted to buy Wink as they do such good deals. Thumbs Up
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone

Post #1456744th Apr 2007 6:21 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Still giving the thumbs up to Westover for servicing after they fixed the starter solenoid last week. Richard Irvine always knows his stuff and is happy to talk through the job and the frequency of similar claims.

It's a bit of a tie for me between Yeovil and Westover. They take a similar time to get to (although Westover is just about closer in miles) but Westover have the advantage of being situated just half a mile from where my daughter lives with the ex, so I'm over that way a lot. Yeovil suits my wife better as it's a straightforward jaunt across country from where she works and there are loads of agri and horti suppliers she uses along the way. Service has been excellent from both of them.

Either way, both get a thumbs up for their own reasons Thumbs Up
Post #17929418th Jul 2007 9:54 am
Big Fish

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Another Thumbs Up from me. Richard in sevice dealt with my suspension failure and left me v.impressed with their service. My Warranty ran out last weekend, and the fault was reported to them on Monday morning. They replaced the Suspension pump under warranty thisThursday.
Cheers Very Happy
 It's silver, enough said!

Live life by one rule - He who dies with the most toys - Wins!! 

Post #2206532nd Nov 2007 11:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Asked them for help when I had a problem on holiday with my towbar, I needed 2 bolts undone. The girl on the service desk was very unhelpful and negative, so no thumbs up from me Sad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2207033rd Nov 2007 11:04 am
Talula

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Westover LR

Bought my d3 from westover last November, they gave me a demo for two days and then did a brilliant deal on the px. Since then been back for a few niggles, fuses blown etc, new cruise control switch on the steering wheel, new radio as ipod aux not working properly and the service has been excellent, not fobbed off at all, prompt service and good coffee!! Only niggle is having to insure loan cars on my insurance, think they would have cover of their own as audi etc have. Overall excellent though. Smile Thumbs Up
 Don't try to follow me, you wont make it!!
One life. live it. 

Post #26088318th Feb 2008 3:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >