Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

well its that time of year again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
well its that time of year again

time to renew the insurance, currently insured for me and 'er indoors, fully comp, business use, renewal just through from NFU at £540. I cleared the magic 50 earlier this year, so thought premium might have reduced a bit.

Any other sugestions for good quality cover (and yes, marginly modified, like 20" alloys, but not tuned/chipped/etc)

Cheers
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #3844357th Dec 2008 1:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chumble spuz

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

We've used Swiftcover for the last few years, always competitive but the only real way to discover whether they are any good is if you have to claim, which I'm hoping we won't have to anytime soon
 'Ner Ner' Bonatti HSE... Ah yes, a vintage colour!
Registered on the 22nd Mar 06; Rare good luck!!

Post #3844387th Dec 2008 1:30 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Adrian Flux for myself and wife for social, business and off road for about £430 inc protected no claims. Both of us are below 40 (although only for another year for me).

Post #3844447th Dec 2008 1:46 pm
Buckingham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

The NFU have just increased their premiums for the first time in 6 years!!

Renewed my yesterday and paid an extra 6.5% roughly....
Hopefully it won't rise again for another 6 years....

Post #3844617th Dec 2008 3:22 pm
al cope

England 

tried getting a quote from LV, and they wont cover me as this car requires a higher level of security than the standard alarm/immobiliser - great !!

Maybe in Liverpool it does - who knows

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #3853689th Dec 2008 2:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
UNG

United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
tried getting a quote from LV, and they wont cover me as this car requires a higher level of security than the standard alarm/immobiliser - great !!

Maybe in Liverpool it does - who knows

Al

A lot of insurance companies have differing requirements my next door neighbour had to have tracker on his Range Rover until it's value dropped below 15K

With regard to your vehicle being more at risk in Liverpool I assume there is no car theft in the area you live / work I certainly have had more damage, attempted thefts and thefts from my vehicle in other parts of the country

P.S. LV is based in Bournemouth so why slag off Liverpool Confused
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #3853839th Dec 2008 3:30 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Also renewing AL. NFU is down on last year...LR Insurance quote up!!!!!

I'll stick with NFU for the moment I think.
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #38587410th Dec 2008 10:35 am
bigdal

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Been with the NFU for 15 years since I first started owning 4x4's

Found they are not the cheapest but somewhere near

Did have to claim off them for a total loss when Mrs Big Dal came into contact with a foreign lorry and rolled the trusty fairly new at the time 300tdi Discovery down the motor way

I have to say the service for the claim and settlement both in service and the final amount paid through the local agant was fantastic some of the best customer serive I have experianced

From talking to friends and relations who have tried to claim on some of the companies who are web based or advertise on the TV they have had some bad times

You gets what you pays for and whilst we all hope never to have to claim sometimes you do and at that time you don't want any issues

Darren
 Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them!!!!!!  
Post #38659911th Dec 2008 12:41 pm
al cope

England 

Yep - couldnt agree more - not after the cheapest, just wanted to check if they were still in sync with others in the market. After a bit of discussion with them, and awaiting updated quote, will be renewing with NFU.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #38660411th Dec 2008 12:53 pm
n1cktdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

NFU have always been kind to me and I am 33. Have been with them since I had a TD5 when I was 25 yrs old and this year they were £725 for both me and missus. I have a few points Whistle and she has some of mine too Whistle
 D4 HSE....Probably, but not quite decided yet.
3.6 TDV8 Vogue
XC90 SE Lux
A8 Quattro TDi
D3 SE 

Post #38661211th Dec 2008 1:04 pm
al cope

England 

well, after a few more discussions, decide to go with Adrian Flux, as over £100 less for the same cover as NFU, and NFU wanted to load my premium by 10% for running 20" alloys, when AF didnt want any more. (and I told them these were fitted)

Hope I dont regret it, but dont want to part with more hard earned than I really need to.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #39151522nd Dec 2008 4:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >