Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 665 of 818 <123 ... 664665666 ... 816817818>
JakeBrant

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Good afternoon all! I’ve just signed up here. Currently a member on another forum, just expanding my searches in hoping to get all the help I need while owning a D3 lol. I own a 2006 D3 S, currently has 81,000 miles on it and has general cosmetic wear and tear as what you’d expect from a 12 year old motor, but other than that it runs and looks beautiful. I will post some photos up soon.

Post #19235027th Mar 2018 3:21 pm
nebc100

Luxembourg 

Well... I went to collect the new D3 on Monday. The trip was nice and peaceful. The RRS towed the D3 + trailer beautifully which was a nice test for the new torque converter that was installed on Sunday.

The haven't done much to her yet, and have just spent the time cleaner the inside out. She hasn't been given a name yet, but she will join "Toothless" our black 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6, and "Blue" our 2003 FFRR td6 (you might be able to guess her colour).

Here are some pictures. I hope you like her!!

Click image to enlarge

Post #19236967th Mar 2018 9:51 pm
Gog5y

Scotland 
Jumped from Defender to D4

Hi Guys, well after mulling it over for a while and having previously had a very nice D2, I jumped from my precious Twisted Defender 90 to a Discovery 4. I loved the defender it looked amazing, but driving it was becoming a bit tedious, especially on long distances. Now that I have cocooned myself in sumptuous HSE leather and automatic transmission, all I can say is WOW. I can hear myself think and dont need a chiropractor after I get to my destination. So far loving it. Bought myself a OBD tool after reading about them on here, as I believe every Land Rover should have one. I still have my old one for the 90 if anybody is looking for one by the way. Great site, full of very useful info. Cheers G

Post #19241659th Mar 2018 10:06 am
Ipken

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi all. Joined the forum and am picking up my D3 HSE 57 plate tomorrow all being well. Some MOT work on bushes and windscreen chips to sort out.
Taken the plunge after thinking about one the last 3 or 4 winters and finally took the plunge last weekend just as the snow had gone.
I've bought it for ski trips to France where four wheel drive is a must really and it will be better on their alpine roads than my everyday car. Will also be using it for my summer trips camping and biking which includes watching the Tour de France when it's in the alps this year.
No plans for off road driving just what I'd call rugged work
The ride felt good with masses of glass to give a nice airy feel, it feels nice and solid as it should and it looks great. Much better than a Range in my view. HSE gives some refinements which are nice like the sun roof and leather seats.
The forum is full of tips, advice and help which I'm sure I'll need.
The radio is old but that's life and not the end of the world and I have found a member who replaces the keys as one is worn. I don't think the old blue tooth will be an issue but the D4 mod seems to cover those but I'll need someone to fit it if needed.
Having had the test drive and a crawl all over it, it looks like what I want and I can't wait to be driving home in it and having it on the drive

Post #19242329th Mar 2018 1:45 pm
GuyRoel

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hello,

Introducing myself, or rather our Land. It's a Disco 3 from 2005, having >200k kilometers. It's the
2.7 HSE Diesel version with an automatic gearbox. Having sometimes issues with the car, that's why
I was searching for this kind of forum and found it via Google search.

Regards,
Guy

Post #192458110th Mar 2018 12:02 pm
FallenAngel

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
1st Disco

Loved Discos for years and purchased my first today. An ‘09 plate.

I already have a question.

Didn’t think it had Bluetooth but steering wheel has all the controls and when searching on my phone Land Rover AND Car Kit comes up on my pairing?

What is required to get Bluetooth up and running?

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up

Post #192474710th Mar 2018 6:21 pm
Skellz

United Kingdom 
New owner

Hello All,
I have recently bought a disco 3 and absolutely love it. It’s far better than I expected. I’m looking forward to chatting to people on here.
Cheers
Steve

Post #192487611th Mar 2018 8:05 am
jackrs1

What am I thinking?!

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I've spent a good amount of time trawling through various threads. I'm considering getting a disco 3 as I'm after a 7 seater but I miss my old defender for greenlaning/flood hunting/snow playing. I've been looking at xc90s first, then went to Kia Sorrento for something newer, but now think I could get a 6k disco 3 and have some money left over as a repairs fund.
is there anyone in or around Kendal with a good one I could look at to see how one should be before I buy a dud? my plan is to drive a few first anyway.

Post #192521012th Mar 2018 9:33 am
Maxxed_Ross

Scotland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
New HSE Luxury

Hi all

Some of you may already know me from my years of Defender ownership. After a few years behind the wheel of an Audi A6 Avant it was time to switch to something a bit more practical - so I picked this up from Pentland Edinburgh yesterday

Needs a bit of work as it;s had a very hard life... most likely as a school run bus full of kids and dogs Laughing

Outside it looks like it's been washed a few times with buckets of gravel - but it's going back in a few weeks to have some of the paint re-done and the whole thing is getting a machine polish

Projects for me are going to be:

- Replacing the door cards (as they're all very marked at the edges)
- Covering up the light wood with a darker version
- Fitting a twin TransK9 dog cage / drawer system in the back
- Doing the post 2014 face lift with signature lights

Hopefully that's all, but you never know

Oh and a picture of the current Defender for those interested too

EDIT:

Tried and failed twice to include pictures... I've failed miserably Mad

Post #192588313th Mar 2018 11:09 pm
Andyyam750

Scotland 
Greetings from Perth.. no not the Autralian one..

Just signed up as I am planning to buy a Disco 3 sometime in the next couple of months, Previously a member of a number of Subaru forums (owning a 350bhp Impreza Estate), but age and a move to a more rural address have changed my motoring priorities.

Not a stranger to the Oval though as I have owned:
Disco 1 300Tdi
Freelander 1.8 (no laughing at the back)

Driven countless Disco 2's whilst on an all expenses paid 4 month Holiday in Iraq Wink

And various Defenders throughout my previous career.

Had a shot of a D3 on the Land Rover Experience at Dunkeld (very impressed) a few years ago..

Ive joined for advice and guidance and no doubt will have loads of questions, and if any one has a Decent SE/XS for sale Circa 8k give me a shout.

Andy

Post #192607814th Mar 2018 1:18 pm
SteveJMillar

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
New owner to be

Morning All!

On Saturday I will be collecting a Disco 3. It's my first time owning a Discovery and have been reading anything and everything I can find since viewing it last Sunday and this seems like a good place to be for knowledge. It's a very clean HSE model in Silver.

I am in Biggin Hill, Kent and see that there are a few other people in this area from the posts that I have read.

Steve

Post #192636315th Mar 2018 9:29 am
lungta

Germany 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Hi together,

Thank you for adding me as a member of the group.

I drive a disco 4 tdv6.

greetings Heinz

Post #192657815th Mar 2018 8:23 pm
hutch1088

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi folks, my name is Martin Hutchinson I work as an HGV driver based in Prudhoe Northumberland.My interests include fishing & greenlaning when time and Grandkids allow,so that will do for now looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing what the site has to offer.

Post #192714317th Mar 2018 2:19 pm
Ambit

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 4

Hi all have a D3 which I’ve just finished face lifting to 2015 D4 spec. Also full leather interior now to add sat nav and that will be my lot. Just finished a major service along with diff oils changed modified oil pump housing fuel filter and park brake service phew, Shocked

Post #192715317th Mar 2018 2:33 pm
Thatch

United Kingdom 2005 LR3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Baltic BlueLR3

Hi Martin, just a quick intro... I’m Simon and have now owned a LR3 for about 6 months. Basically bought to to ferry the kids around in. Have a slight problem with it but will find the Correct place to post it shortly.
Kind regards
Simon

Post #192749118th Mar 2018 9:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 665 of 818 <123 ... 664665666 ... 816817818>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >