Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 655 of 819 <123 ... 654655656 ... 817818819>
ctownshend

United Kingdom 
Hello from Cornwall

Hi,

First of all what a great forum! such a wealth of information and knowledge here Very Happy

I'm Craig, and i'm about to become a D3 noob... I've been a landrover owner for eons and have just joined Disco3 as I am about to buy one... Not made my mind up which exact one yet. But it will be a D3 HSE.

Thought it would be a good idea to join and have a read through the forums and articles as it has been a great sourse of answers to any questions that have sprung into my head so far.

I currently own a 1989 110 CSW 200 Tdi (retrofit), and a 1987 110 CSW was a V8, then a 300 Tdi, now engineless... but have something crazy in mind for that one...

So yeah, just thought I would say hi and nice to meet you all Thumbs Up

Post #189563131st Dec 2017 1:05 am
woody_294

United Kingdom 

Hey ctown, do love defenders but I've never been able to convince the wife to let us get one! Demi welcome from me as this is my 3rd ever post lol

Post #189564131st Dec 2017 2:28 am
Languedoc

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
New disco

Hi everyone. I’m on the defender forum with a 110 and now have a disco 3 which I bought this week from bigben on this forum.

Ben is a great guy and sold me his incredibly well maintained 2006 s which I promptly drove from his house in York to the Hull ferry and it’s now safely home in the foothills of the Pyrenees. It’s already been out in the horses field to check on them!

I look forward to asking a ton of questions about things. First port of call is a new steering wheel because the right hand buttons don’t work and I need to change the odometer to kms.

Post #189578431st Dec 2017 3:04 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome - it’s a cracking color you have on your D3 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

You might want to edit your profile and put your car details down there, it’ll help for sure when asking questions! Whistle

Post #189579131st Dec 2017 3:18 pm
Languedoc

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

It’s a credit to the previous owner. Cairns with black leather was my favourite choice so I was very lucky. It works really well with the Stormer wheels as well
 2006 tdv6 s Cairns blue
2006 Aston Martin DB9 volante
2008 Tdci 110 Defender Fuji White/Mud Brown 

Post #189579731st Dec 2017 3:29 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Mine is cairns with alpaca. I like the contrast outside between blue/orange turn signals and then black/beige inside. Of all LR colors Bali Blue is the nicest one, IMO, followed by Cairns. Thumbs Up

Not sure what my 19” wheels are called but they look different from yours. I think one set at least is from RRS or FFRR. Pictures in my gallery Very Happy

Post #189590131st Dec 2017 6:43 pm
D3Bboyer

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Happy New year all , I have a 2004 Disco3 HSE that is a bit of a money pit , just had a new turbo fitted ,so body lifted , in spite of that I love the car and the great driving position . I HAD A Disco 2 first and then moved on to a Disco 3 my Disco was first registered in October 2004 , can anyone tell me how I can tell when mine came off of the production line . I live in Banbury and Gayden is just down the road so have seen the first Disco3 off the production line a couple of times , it has the same interior as mine as well as the same colour .
I would like to join other members for days away and landing, you can't have a Land Rover and not get it muddy still working on that as not many green lanes in North Oxfordshire although there is a pay and play site near Milton Keynes .

THANKS FOR listening love the site and all the info given

Post #189596631st Dec 2017 8:35 pm
Willburl

United Kingdom 
Considering purchasing a disco 3

Hi all,
I found this site through a recommendation from another site where I was reading reviews of disco 3's.
I changed jobs last year and no longer do the same mileage as I used to so am considering purchasing a land rover to use both as a get me to work and family vehicle but also as a bit of a hobby / toy. (I am a gas engineer by trade but am now an office monkey so am reasonably good practically but don't have masses of experience with motors). I've joined the site really to find out what to look out for when buying a Landy and also what the real running costs and problems are. I have seen that some fall into different tax brackets and efficiencies can cary massively depending on the model you buy so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Will

Post #18961331st Jan 2018 12:40 pm
johnlc1992

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Aintree GreenDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 - Recently purcashed a Disco 3

Hi, I recently purchased a Disco 3 - (54plate).

I've had defenders for years and fancied something with a little more comfort.

I was put on to this site from the guy I bought the discovery from.

I'm looking forward to getting some good tips and passing some more on.

Cheers

John

Post #18961721st Jan 2018 1:59 pm
DiscoDan15

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Hello from Cornwall

[quote="ctownshend"]Hi,

First of all what a great forum! such a wealth of information and knowledge here Very Happy

I'm Craig, and i'm about to become a D3 noob... I've been a landrover owner for eons and have just joined Disco3 as I am about to buy one... Not made my mind up which exact one yet. But it will be a D3 HSE.

Thought it would be a good idea to join and have a read through the forums and articles as it has been a great sourse of answers to any questions that have sprung into my head so far.

[quote]

Hi Craig. I agree, seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here so I'm using the search box frequently as I expect the things I need have already been covered!

BTW, I think we live in the two main English counties with no motorways!

Post #18963401st Jan 2018 8:53 pm
F4BUP

United Kingdom 
Hello.

Hello, i used to frequent the defender site but i'm currently 4x4 less, well we have a bmw x drive and a Mitsi PHEV and a Ford Maverick 2002 model pub / dog car lol.

I'm after a D3 auto with air suspension and a webasto as i have a few things on and the pub cars going to the scrapper, the Mitsi a company car and the BM may well go and we'll use the D3.

I've lurked for years but never had a need for one due to the 110. That left me so i'm back for a D3.

So anyone got a tidy, well maintained D3 auto for sale?

Post #18963821st Jan 2018 10:15 pm
bigben

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Re: New disco

Languedoc wrote:
Hi everyone. I’m on the defender forum with a 110 and now have a disco 3 which I bought this week from bigben on this forum.

Ben is a great guy and sold me his incredibly well maintained 2006 s which I promptly drove from his house in York to the Hull ferry and it’s now safely home in the foothills of the Pyrenees. It’s already been out in the horses field to check on them!

I look forward to asking a ton of questions about things. First port of call is a new steering wheel because the right hand buttons don’t work and I need to change the odometer to kms.

Can I have it back now it's been on a little holiday?

Post #18964102nd Jan 2018 12:04 am
Bunn

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi all,

Completely new to the world of anything bigger than my current Audi A4 Saloon. Moved to the countryside in February 2017 and have been thinking for a while that I could do with a more sturdy vehicle.

I love the look of the D3...I really bloody love it. I haven't driven one just yet, but I've been passenger and found it equally as comfortable as my nice modern 2014 Audi.

I'm aware that owning one of these beauties can be expensive, but it would appear that I can get something half decent for £10-12K.

I have lots of questions but wanted to first say hello and ask where you guys recommend I start off on this forum?

So far I know I want an auto, I'm semi-aware of what I need to be looking out for in terms of recent work/updates to the vehicle....other than that I'm all ears!

Hopefully being so new to this doesn't set me back in terms of engagement from you gents (and ladies, of course).

Cheers,

Lewis

Post #18968443rd Jan 2018 12:02 am
zuppo

Canada 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourLR3
New member and owner of 2006 LR3 HSE

Hello everyone,

Just purchased a LR3 HSE 2006...hoping to learn as much as possible with your help.

Happy to be here,
zuppo

Post #18969713rd Jan 2018 1:29 pm
mcbride3677

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3
hi all

hill all

firstly great site

just got my hands on a disco 3 base model i think 😋😋
looking forward to doing some upgrades on her.

Post #18970583rd Jan 2018 5:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 655 of 819 <123 ... 654655656 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >