Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 717 of 819 <123 ... 716717718 ... 817818819>
patrique

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hi all , my name is Patrique , spelt different to the norm , but thats the frog in me !! Just joined the forum , so new member in Cornwall and I have a Discovery 4 2011 . I like it , but do get one or two problems !
Im hoping you can help . Im trying to change the trailer plugs from 7 pin 12N and 12S . Ive got a new 13 pin plug , for my trailer , which I want to fit to the car . So far ive got the 7 cables from the 12N fitted to the 13 pin plug , as they color match , but the 12S cables dont match ! For instance ,where there should be a Pink , Orange , Grey etc ; I have Red/White , Pink/Blue , Yellow/Brown and two White marked 3 & 7 !! Has anyone else come across this problem ! and if so did you manage to solve it ! Would so appreciate your help if pos

Post #211222611th Jan 2020 5:45 pm
Guillaume01

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi all

Happy New Year !

Newbee on the website. First of all, please apologise my poor English. I will try to make the minimal or no mistakes.

My name is Guillaume, from France.
I have just bought my first D3, 2005MY with 190000km.

I am working for Jaguar Land Rover France and I have always owned one or two Land Rovers, even when I left the company for ten years for an other manufacturer. Some of them are famous in France, especially the « Gros Jack » (translate the « Big Jack ») with a LRO article (written by my friend Jérôme André you may know )
I have a nice plan in my head for my D3.... I will give you more information during his mutation.

You will find enclosed some of my babies....

Post #211231711th Jan 2020 11:07 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Patrique - this may help https://www.disco4.com/forum/help-fitting-...81932.html

If not them may I suggest posting your query on the Technical section of the forum and I'm sure the many knowledgeable peeps on here will help Very Happy

Hi Guillaume, cracking looking cars Thumbs Up

Look forward to hearing/seeing your modifications
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #211241112th Jan 2020 3:30 pm
PeterR

United Kingdom 

Long term Landrover owner,
I have a 90, D1 and D2, but just picked up a 2016 D4 so thought I would join the forum. Already found plenty of useful info, ordered one of Ray's spare wheel protectors, and hoping to sort remote operation for the FBH.
Peter.

Post #211252813th Jan 2020 7:33 am
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Newbie + TOPlx question.

Hi all, been on the RRS site for a bit, now purchased a Disco 4 Commercial for towing work.

No doubt will have to ask for info at some point, but to be going on with, looked at the TOPlx site for vehicle info, but it doesn't agree with DVLA or the V5.

Any suggestions as to where I might find out about my new purchase?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Last edited by Trailered Movements on 21st Jan 2020 5:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #211337816th Jan 2020 7:28 pm
Landydream

England 

Hello to you all.just found this forum from piston heads site wanting to know what the difference was between disc4 luxury and landmark and ended up here.
Been interested in disco4s on and off for some time now.always trying to convince my wife that it would be a more practical vehicle when our interests are camping cycling with our 9 yr old.any other excuse i can think of.especially when she owns a mini clubman.
I just keep browsing the internet for the value of them at the moment.the costly bills for big issues concerns me tho,anyway, I’ve found this great forum now to do more research.hopefully will be back with some good news. Andrew.

Post #211342416th Jan 2020 11:17 pm
LokisMischief

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Saying Hello,

I have "upgraded" from a D2 and am now an owner of a 2008 D3 and am already taking it apart!

~Loki

Post #211423320th Jan 2020 8:30 am
V8Jim

United Kingdom 

Hi

Just new to the forum,

I am a long term land rover fan ( I have had 7 Defenders and 3 Discovery 1 and 2''s) still have two older defenders.... well one and three quarters Laughing ( doing rebuild )

Hoping someone can give me some help ,

I am looking at buying a Disco 3 auto for towing, I am aware that there are some problems with the 2.7 engine, crankshaft and EGR valve seem to be the main ones , some Disco 3 's for sale have engine light on , is this a problem ? or is it EGR valves, I think this is mot failure if you blank the egr and have permanent light on , is there a way round this ? Is the engine problem that bad ?

Can someone tell me what to look for in one of these lovely vehicles.

Post #211426220th Jan 2020 10:31 am
MarkT4425

England 
Hello all

Good evening all, I have just signed up to your site as a D3 owner, I have had my D3 for 12 months now as a semi-retirement present to my 300tdi 110 CSW! Which at 260,000 miles is needing some extra Tlc as time and finances allow!
I have owned LandRovers all my life as has my father as a west country farmer, I did not follow into farming but did catch the LandRover bug, so much so that after qualifying as a HGV master tech, transferred my skill set and became a master tech at our local LR dealership. Now many years on no longer at the “coal face” but still very much involved with the industry. I stumbled across your site as I was looking to see if you could still get the controller for the webasto fuel burning heater for the D3 as used to fit them years ago, it looks like according to your threads, that you can, fingers crossed with an eBay search,
I look forwards to spending more time searching around the forum and will keep you posted on D3 related shenanigans I get up to
Regards, Mark

Post #211442620th Jan 2020 8:01 pm
weety

United Kingdom 

:bow:Hi My Names weety. I have a disco 3. Im having a new sreen. Does this need callabrating? Thanks.

Post #211453821st Jan 2020 10:31 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome all to the joys of LR ownership Laughing

V8 Jim - if you do a search on here there are alot of threads about blanking EGRs and the problems with MOT. If the engine light is on the you should get the fault codes read and go from there. Maybe start a new thread with specific question if you can't find the answers from a search of the forum

Weety - I assume you mean you are getting a new screen? A search of the forum will give you some points to look out for when fitting a new windscreen
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #211486822nd Jan 2020 5:26 pm
V8Jim

United Kingdom 

Thanks , Ian
 1984 Defender 300TDi
1985 Defender 4.0 V8 petrol .. rebuild continuing
2003 Jaguar 4.2 XJ8 

Post #211509223rd Jan 2020 1:18 pm
stiarno

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all, I have a 4.4 V8, love it, not so keen on all the electronic foibles though. This site seems great for helping with them!!

Post #211512323rd Jan 2020 2:43 pm
OxonD3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi!! My names Dean Smithson. Not really a newbie to the forum haven’t been back on for many years.

Most will know me more recently from the disco 3&4 Facebook groups, I’m a an enthusiast/breaker.
Have always had ovals on the brain and currently have 3 d3’s and an 88’ series 3.

If you looking for any parts please do drop me a message 👍🏼

Post #211525023rd Jan 2020 11:01 pm
Bigmitch1980

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi
As a long time lurker on here ( mainly getting the answers to my many discovery problems!) i thought it was about time I said hello!
I’m Lee and have a d3 which is worlds away from the d1 300tdi I had a few years ago! Love the car when it’s not going bong! At me Censored got a long list of things to do and fix
Chasing a suspension problem at the minute every time I fix one thing something else goes!!!
Hope to get more involved on here when I’ve got time as at the min if I’m not at work then I’m under the Landy!!! Lol
Cheers
Lee

Post #211568125th Jan 2020 10:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 717 of 819 <123 ... 716717718 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >