Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 678 of 818 <123 ... 677678679 ... 816817818>
Bixio0000

Italy 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 3

Hallo , I’m davide from italy, new owner of fantastic discovery 3 from 2007...model XS 2.7 diesel.
I found your site and would be nice to share beauty and problem from our disco3 with you ... for sure you have more experience than me with this beauty kind of car
Ciao
Davide

Post #198477719th Sep 2018 3:49 pm
trotter

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Hi,
Thanks for registration acceptance,
I'm a 65 year old male with engineering/tool making life history so enjoy mechanical hands on thing,be it retro campers/lambretta scoots or our daily runarounds with at present include a Td4 Free Lander 2006 & Saab Aero ttid 2010.Recently purchased a touring caravan but found the Free Lander struggles a bit on the larger inclines hence off to view a Discovery 3 HSE 2005 with 200k on it tomorrow but assured well maintained!...Having a good read up prior to purchased on your very informative site,thanks again!
Regards Derek

Post #198508220th Sep 2018 7:11 pm
Basher196

If you had £20,000'ish D3 0r D4

Hello Folks

I have joined the forum in readiness for acquiring a D3 or D4 in the new year pending a flat sale.

I am hoping to have approximately £20,000 in my hot little hand and I have a few questions if you don't mind?

1. Do I get a latter D3 and have some money left over for repairs?

2. Do I buy an early D4 and again have some money for repairs?

3. Buy a late as possible D4 and hope nothing goes wrong?!

I know there is no guarantee with any purchase but want to give myself the best chance I suppose. Only just persuaded the wife to say yes to a purchase. Bow down

I tow a shed I mean caravan a few times a year and I would like to do some easy green laning too!

I would like the HSE Luxury as the kids 6 + 3 would benefit with the screens on the longer drives.

Any help, advice would be very much appreciated!! Thumbs Up

Cheers

Basher

Post #198554222nd Sep 2018 4:52 pm
danrjm

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Hello!

Just bought my first Land Rover - A 2007 Discovery 3 HSE. An upgrade from a 2003 BMW 3 series, which was too small and useless at getting in and out of fields! The Disco is in very good condition - full service history, all belts changed, new battery, new-ish tyres (even an full alloy spare!), suspension/bushings done a couple of years ago, no rusting bodywork, etc. The kids love the independent rear seat CD/Radio controls and the TV up front. It's even better off-road and we've driven it a few places (green/farming lanes) that I wouldn't have ever even considered going before. Would like to learn about upkeep and maybe add/restore a few bits. First on the list is a Sat Nav glitch to try and fix and then the rear centre console air vents (accidentally kicked in by the last owner's kids!), then maybe running boards (my kids struggle to get in!) and possibly a fridge...? I'm sure this forum will come in very useful!

Post #198565823rd Sep 2018 11:14 am
Aldiscomonkey

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Disco Newbie Central Scotland..... With a "few" issues...

Hi folks,

fairly recently got myself an 07 HSE, black with black leather. Done a fair bit of research so knew what i was letting myself in for! I wont go into all the deatils here, ill post nther relevant threads etc but ill post a quick overview of her journey to date.

But firstly, id like to say,what a good forum! I also have an Audi S2, and spend alot of time on the s2forum, whcich tbh becomes like a second home, we all help each other out, share parts, technical help, spanner time etc and then you end up on other forum which are full of politics, keyboard warriors, idiots with no real experience etc. So it was a relief to find disco3 was like my other forum! Thank you again folks.

So, Black Betty........ well she got a fresh MOT for me buying her (private) so a half decent start i thought. Not long after owning her, no brakes....that'll be oil in the servo then! argued, and argued and spent money with LR dealership for them to "officially" diagnosis oil in servo, more arguing and ebevtually, nothing. So ive replaced the servo, and associated pipe work.

Not long after that, clunk and a rumble.... that'll be the centre bearing away then....... new propshaft installed.

Give it a few more days....... from end sinks over night, thatll be a front cross over valve i reckon, replaced, but now shes struggling to raise. My guess is that the goosed valve had stressed the compressor and a its struggling. Go to replace compressor, and its just sitting in its box, not actually attached to the chassis! Obvioulsy not helping! Replaced, all good, but front seems to sit a little low and the ride quality is not SOOO hard and bumpy! Ill post this problem in suspension.

Next.......... on the motorway, you get about 20miles before a shudder starts, sometimes mild, sometime horrendous. Not sure if this is the problem, but appears theres a sticking front passenger caliper, the disc looks well coked and im presuming warped as well.

And then thers the whine, not ridiculous, but a constant whine, im gonna say diff. Oil from the diff didn't have any special glitter but was very burnt looking, smelling. Ill post this problem in transmission.

Let me think, anything else...? Think ive enough on my plate for now!

In between the essential maintenance, ive de-tangoed her, colour coded mirrors and door handles, a new D4 style all black grill, smoked indicators, LED fog lights, painted the interior facia plastics, new stero knobs, added bluetooth.........

And today she got her first full service, always good to freshen her up!

Based in Armadale, central Scotland, always happy to help if i can with spannering or an extra set of hands etc so just shout if i can be of assistance.

Cheers

Al

Post #198578723rd Sep 2018 7:02 pm
D4paul

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Hi all new to the site from chesterfield with a D4 HSE Lux

Post #198688527th Sep 2018 5:30 am
Roverman637

United Kingdom 

Hello. Well I needed to scratch the Disco itch.....2 days in, so far so good.(2013 HSE.) It could be love by the end of the week. I looked at some of the posts here and it almost put me off, however, you only live once eh?!
So my first question to the wise members on this site, I need to buy a detachable tow bar. Who can I trust on line? Ebay seems full of em, however a few sellers seem to have loads, and I wonder if they are repainted and re-locked ones that have been nicked. How do I know I am not buying hot property? Any advice would be very welcome. I do not wish to pay main dealer price for a new one!!
Cheers
Steve

Post #19882902nd Oct 2018 11:57 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Roverman - these come up for sale on this forum - check the Parts for Sale section:

As an example -

https://www.disco4.com/forum/sale-removabl...75235.html
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #19882922nd Oct 2018 12:04 pm
Roverman637

United Kingdom 

Nice one, thanks.

Post #19882962nd Oct 2018 12:18 pm
maniek87

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

hi there everyone.

Post #19883782nd Oct 2018 4:24 pm
Discodyl

Wales 

Hi all, bought my first Land Rover 3 weeks ago, a clean and unmodified 2004 tdv6 se in black with cream interior. Smitten is how Id explain my experience of it. Looking forward to many years of ownership of my very early D3 Thumbs Up

Dylan

Click image to enlarge

Post #19884372nd Oct 2018 6:45 pm
ReadySalted

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
New owner

Hi all,

Just realised a long term yearning and bought a 2009 xs disco. I'm no stranger to the green oval and have had a couple of early discos, some series landrovers, and some defenders. I have long since admired the disco 3 but they've always been out of budget for me. I recently sold my TD5 defender (which I now can finally admit was the least reliable, and most awful vehicle I have ever owned!). After considering pickups, shoguns, and many other vehicles like a crack addict I have already found myself once again the owner of a landrover, merely days after parting with my defender!

I have looked at a couple over the past twelve months out of curiosity, and they have all been average condition and reasonably high mileage, so taking into account their reputation for expensive and frequent bills, I have been put ofF. This time I figured something practical, reliable and comfortable is a must for me the mrs and our Labrador. My Mrs found a disco quite local so we had a look tonight and it was in fantastic condition, and drove well. Everything worked, the mot history was great, mileage is at 90k so due a cambelt and water pump soon (that's okay), and service book shows services at regular intervals all the way up to 79k miles. At a shade over £9.5k it seemed a much better deal than others I've seen, so I've gone for it.

Hopefully I'll pick it up tomorrow and will get some pics then. No doubt with whatever issues inevitably lay ahead I will be utilising this forums expertise, but for now it's exiting times!

Post #19887673rd Oct 2018 9:11 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the mad-house ReadySalted.

Not sure about the water pump, but the oil pump needs consideration.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #19887683rd Oct 2018 9:13 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Cam belt should have been done in 2016 (7 years or 105,000 miles, whichever comes first!)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #19887743rd Oct 2018 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ReadySalted

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Yes I now gather I'm overdue for the age of the vehicle, so will be ringing around dealers for a price. I've set about a thousand aside for the cambelt and oil pump so that will be done soonest. I've heard stories of engines going bang at 100k or even much fewer miles if they haven't been done, so it's a priority for sure. I'm 90% sure it wasn't in the service history, but will check that first of course.

Post #19887773rd Oct 2018 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 678 of 818 <123 ... 677678679 ... 816817818>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >