Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Water in passenger footwell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
DISCO3HSE2018

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Haven't had the time to look and luckily it's not been raining. I've taken the interior A trim off and removed the sun visor so can at least work my way down when it rains next time.

Post #209445322nd Oct 2019 8:59 pm
Alphamale

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I'm not sure if the D3 has the same problem as the D2, with the sunroofs. The seal between the frame of the sunroof and the roof panel fails and water seeps in, though it can cause wetting of the headlining to give a bit of a clue as to it origin, but not always.

The cure was to take out the sunroof, clean off the old sealant and reseal. I had to do mine twice.

Post #209445522nd Oct 2019 9:02 pm
miniman8

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Water in passenger footwell

I’m hoping I finally may have fixed my issue with water in p/s footwell, I have had the sunroof on my car taped up on outside since last October, decided to remove the tape a week ago & then it rained & the car filled with water, I had propped up the carpet with some pieces of wood which was lucky as the was at least 1.5 litres in channel so much that it had run over into footwell below carpet (my car is parked facing downhill), when it stopped raining I dried out most of the water & opened the sunroof & poured some water into the channel, it gurgled & than ran down inside, you could not see it as it was right up against the side of floor (under wiring harness) but it filled the channel, dried this out & repealed the sunroof.

So I bit the bullet a couple of days later & went for the replacement of the sunroof drain tube, getting the fuse box out was fairly straight forward once I had removed the lower glove box, 3 large connectors on front, 1 small one at the bottom & 2 on the back, to get the 2 on the back you will need to remove the 2 10mm nuts that hold fuse box in place, the pull it down slightly & twist it towards the door, to give yourself slightly more room you can take out relays on bottom right hand side, once the 2 are of you can just wiggle it out. Behind you will see even more wiring looking forward & at the side you will see the end of the drain tube where it exits into wheelarch, I put my fingers round tube & found that the elbow was split wide open, picture below.

Got a new tube from my local indie £17 so ok price, took elbow off this new pipe & fitted into body & the connected up existing tube to elbow, that part of job done relatively easy. Now to put fuse box back in, what I woulD say is that the 2 connectors on rear are really awkward even lying with your head in footwell you can’t really see much so it has to be done by feel alone & at one point after struggling for nearly an hour on the green one I nearly gave up So had a cup of tea & came back 10 minutes later & it went almost straight in, put it all back together, reconnected the battery & turned key everything worked no issues, I haven’t taken tape off sunroof yet want to try it by pouring a controlled amount of water down the sunroof first.

Tom

Post #214222428th Apr 2020 11:03 pm
miniman8

Sunroof seal

While I think about it does anyone know if you can get the seal that goes around the outside of sunroof glass as the gap on mine between roof aperture & seal looks pretty huge & seal is not very flexible, think it is just age that has made it hard.

Been looking on internet & can’t seem to find one for disco3.

Tom

Post #214230429th Apr 2020 10:12 am
cfcjim

Germany 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I hope this isn't the case, but as far as I can see only the glass and seal combined is available.

Have a look here:

https://allbrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=5011705&am...E=EN#50054

If you haven't already of course.

Post #214233229th Apr 2020 12:40 pm
miniman8

Thanks cfcjim,

Ouch that is way beyond reasonable, if I can’t find anything I will just leave it.

Cheers Tom

Post #214233529th Apr 2020 12:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >