DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Water in passenger footwell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
leroymusic00

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

jumpinjack wrote:
Same topic! Need some help.
Forum brilliant to date, Thursday passenger foot well swimming so yesterday I pumped the bilges and set about fixing.
Went to the range and got some curtain wire as recommended - fits perfectly. Found the source of the problem very quickly, the drain and the pipe on the passenger side were detached. Easy fix.... Give the pipe a good cleaning and all is good.

Onto the drivers side, the side which I thought had no problem. When I pour water down the drain, it drains to somewhere but I for the life of me can not find where to?
I've rodded vigorously with still no joy.
Took air intake grill off, cut the end of the plug as recommended - was expecting to be hit in the face by a torrent of water- but nothing??
I've put my curtain wire in the top and can get it about 2.1 more in, when I go in from the plug, and push in/up it goes even further but it does not come back out the top???
Totally baffled.
I've poured 2 litres down the drain, and can not find an exit?? Though my pad footwell still wet so can't discount somehow it's ending there?
There is a 'bag' under the air intake, it would seem to be full of water/foam?? Any one know what this bag is? Photo attached.
Totally baffled???
Any guidance or ideas greatly appreciated as have half the headlining down, half the carpet up and the air intake off and I need the car tomorrow!

I also have that squigy bag underneath too - feels full of water...

Post #220375619th Jan 2021 10:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leroymusic00

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

jumpinjack wrote:
Same topic! Need some help.
Forum brilliant to date, Thursday passenger foot well swimming so yesterday I pumped the bilges and set about fixing.
Went to the range and got some curtain wire as recommended - fits perfectly. Found the source of the problem very quickly, the drain and the pipe on the passenger side were detached. Easy fix.... Give the pipe a good cleaning and all is good.

Onto the drivers side, the side which I thought had no problem. When I pour water down the drain, it drains to somewhere but I for the life of me can not find where to?
I've rodded vigorously with still no joy.
Took air intake grill off, cut the end of the plug as recommended - was expecting to be hit in the face by a torrent of water- but nothing??
I've put my curtain wire in the top and can get it about 2.1 more in, when I go in from the plug, and push in/up it goes even further but it does not come back out the top???
Totally baffled.
I've poured 2 litres down the drain, and can not find an exit?? Though my pad footwell still wet so can't discount somehow it's ending there?
There is a 'bag' under the air intake, it would seem to be full of water/foam?? Any one know what this bag is? Photo attached.
Totally baffled???
Any guidance or ideas greatly appreciated as have half the headlining down, half the carpet up and the air intake off and I need the car tomorrow!

I have just bought some tubing to attempt to clear out my drivers side drain - QUESTION: What is the bag thing inside the induction hole that seems to be full of water? - it looks like it is going to burst.

Post #220387220th Jan 2021 1:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >