Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Warranty work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Big Red

Update

After phoning customer relations yesterday, they phoned me back this morning.

Tyres, dealer told them the wear is normal for a vehicle 22 months old and covered 34000 mls.
I told him it was not normal, it was abnormal and was wearing tyres on either inside or outside on all four and was due to incorrect steering and suspension set up.
he replied that wheel alignment and balancing was not covered by warranty Big Cry
I also pointed two sets of tyres worn out in 34000mls is not normal.

He is going to talk to dealer again and see if he may be able to ofer a good will gesture Mad

Corrosion of wheels and pitting of paint finish.

Dealer states to him it is normal of a vehicle 22 months old and covered 34000mls Banging Head

You can see where this is going now I hope.

i pointed out the last two discoveries I have owned were a lot older, covered more miles and did not have this problem.

Fuel consumption.

Dealer states nothing wrong.

If I agreed, they would fill the tank to the neck, drive it 100 mls and fill to the neck again and work out consumption.
I would have to pay for fuel.
I asked him would it not be easier just to read from the trip computer, if there was nothing wrong, why has it only read 20.8 mpg at best.
Nothing getting done unless I agree to pay for fuel for them to carry out test.

Gearbox sticky selecting 1st and reverse gear.

dealer cannot find anything wrong Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Big Cry

Waiting on him phoning me back, but took the liberty of checking the tyres on the freelander I have as courtesy vehicle.

05 plate, 26000mls and still on original tyres, manufacturing date on tyres middle of 05
worst tread depth was 4.8mm.

Took photos of the wheels as well, no flaking paint and no pitting of the paint finish.
In fact the wheels do not have a blemish on them

This is a vehicle the same age as mine, done slightly less miles but unmarked alloys.
Going to ask him tomorrow when he phones why these tyres and wheels don't look the same as the ones on my disco, when they are same age.

Really getting angry with Landrover now, as seem to be fighting a loosing battle.
Cannot seem to get any sense from customer relations, as the dealers view is gospel as far as they are concerned.

Anyone got a name or address of someone higher up the tree in Landrover I can write a nice wee letter to with some bonnie photies oh wheels and tyres Rolling with laughter

Gordon

Post #13852713th Mar 2007 10:12 pm
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Think it is all down to the dealer to be honest.
Example - Over the last 8 months since having my D3, it's been in the garage 5 times for bits and pieces. 2 for warranty work and 3 to put right what they've broken (and found out something else that they shouldn't have done on Sunday which will have to be fixed at the 15k service in a few weeks time).
I've been in to them waving TSB's only to be told
"Whats a TSB?"
"Whats a GTR?"

Find another dealer, one who actually gives a damn, you might need to travel, but it'll be worth it.

I certainly won't be going to my local St***stones for anything, as i just can't trust em. The sooner LR realise that these bozos are the public face of there company the better. Rant over.

Post #13853313th Mar 2007 10:27 pm
Big Red

Totally agree about St***stone, the checklist for the freeloader showed no damage, and the guy asked me to just sign it.

i went outside and took a quick walk around it to find it riddled with dings and scratches.
i marched him outside with me to mark the checksheet with every blemish the car had on it.
Asking him who checked the condition over when issuing the sheet, i just got a vague look.
Told him its a good job I checked it and didn't just sign, as they would be looking for me to put good the damage.
Complete jokers.

Post #13853813th Mar 2007 10:35 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

There should be a Technical Bulletin recommending LR owners not to use S****s**** dealerships at all, there are 2 near me, and they both have a full complement of stetson wearers, from top to bottom, technically, sales wise and customer service wise, and I believe most others around the country fall into the same category, from comments made on here. If you can avoid them, do so. Find a dealer that can cope with warranty issues etc., and when it comes to servicing, more realistic pricing too. (That's just my three penneth). Rolling Eyes

Post #13858813th Mar 2007 11:49 pm
Big Red

Update

Vehicle was delivered back to me Wednesday lunchtime, after LR customer relations phoned to tell me i was getting it back and all matters had been addressed.He also advised me to go and pick it up once the dealer phoned me, then check everything with a member of staff to make sure everything was ok.

Five minutes later, the car was delivered back without even a phone call.

Quickly checked it over and most items not even touched Laughing

It has taken them a week to replace rear wiper arm, front and rear anti roll bar bushes,front wiper rain sensor and rear tailgate latch.

Tailgate still rattling, worn through paint not touched,loadspace cover not replaced, rear suspension still sitting low on n/s rear, fuel consumption not addresses, corroded wheels not addressed and they are not prepared to replace tyres, although supposed to have done 4 wheel align through LR customer relations on a good will gesture.Also still have difficulty engaging first and reverse gear

Phoned them up and was told bodyshop at other dealership is really busy and booked in for middle of april.

Then phoned LR customer relations, explained problem and he told me he would phone me back.

Dealer service manager phoned back and appologised for the mess up, is booked back in just over a weeks time,
He has spoke to LR technical, and is going to address every issue once it goes back.
Is also talking about pulling the gearbox and lubricating the shaft the release bearing slides on.
Also going to take a close look and see if he can get the pitted and corroded wheels replaced under warranty.
Told me to leave the new tyres I have bought in the boot, so he can get them fitted to the new wheels if LR authorise the replacement.

Now I just have to wait again, see if they can surprise me this time around, while I have the misfortune of driving the courtesy Freeloader again Evil or Very Mad

Hopefully, the next episode will have slightly better results.

Gordon

Post #14006317th Mar 2007 5:26 pm
Big Red

Re: Update

Big Red wrote:

Also going to take a close look and see if he can get the pitted and corroded wheels replaced under warranty.
Told me to leave the new tyres I have bought in the boot, so he can get them fitted to the new wheels if LR authorise the replacement.

Gordon

After sending photo's to dealer by email, reply back today Crying or Very sad

"We are unable to assist with this claim as the pitting is a result of brake dust contamination. This is a direct result of poor vehicle cleaning."

Just sent a reply back with my views, notice they didn't mention the reason for the corrosion and flaking paint.

Any one have a name and address of someone at LR i can contact about resolving this matter.

Gordon

Post #14107320th Mar 2007 8:51 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Chocolate wrote:
I booked mine in with Guy Salmon at wakefield, and found them excellent, all work carried out without a problem, everything was explained fully, and the even fitted my side protection free of charge, superb!!

I also use Guy Salmon Wakefield found them like you chocolate they even come and collect leaving a loan car going in on fri for second service.

Post #14107820th Mar 2007 9:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >