Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct won't pay for new OEM part - pursue or not ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Landrover microcat list a remanufactured rack at a cheeper price than a new one, might be worth speaking to The Large One on this as he'll be able to get more info on it.

Lee

Post #69866030th Sep 2010 6:54 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 
Warranties

Providing you haven't done any changes, then you are right that the policy terms can not be changed. However, when an annual policy, be it home, motor, warranty etc comes up for renewal the next 12 month period is considered to be a new contract so Insurers can then make any changes they wish. BUT some policies are "monthly policies" and these can be changed whenever the Insurer wishes but of course you have to be notified. Because you pay monthly it does not have to mean it is a monthy policy.

You may find the document you were given at the time of purchase was in fact out of date but this is not your fault and Insurers would have to stand by the terms of it until the renewal date and only then if they notify you. This would be the same if the dealer handed you the document or if it was posted to you by the warranty company.

However, the policy may state something like "The vehicle (or part) will be repaired, replaced or you will be paid its market value at the choice of the Insurer" This may then give them the authority to use a reconditioned part as that is no different to a repair.

Don't give up if you think you are right. Insurers are often wrong because staff give their own opinion and not the correct answer as in accordance with the terms of a policy. The question to the warranty company is "tell me which page and paragraph shows I have to have a reconditioned part"

The FSA insist documents are made clear and if the warranty firm has failed in this, then the FSA/Insurance Ombudsman would no doubt be on your side. In any event, no one who is authorised by the FSA wants to have a complaint made agaist them due to the possable financial penalty they can impose.

Post #69867830th Sep 2010 8:09 pm
infoteq

Scotland 

i had a 2005 HSE with exactly the same problem. i fought for 14 months with the dealer. over the 14 months the car was off the road for at least 3 months. dealer eventually bought the car back. i walked away drained from the fight. that was last january. im now a D3 owner again and the car is excellent.
 Many Thanks
David 

Post #69871930th Sep 2010 9:40 pm
nichop

United Kingdom 

infoteq wrote:
i had a 2005 HSE with exactly the same problem. i fought for 14 months with the dealer. over the 14 months the car was off the road for at least 3 months. dealer eventually bought the car back. i walked away drained from the fight. that was last january. im now a D3 owner again and the car is excellent.

and was the problem the steering rack ?

Post #6987571st Oct 2010 12:06 am
nichop

United Kingdom 

lee157 wrote:
Landrover microcat list a remanufactured rack at a cheeper price than a new one, might be worth speaking to The Large One on this as he'll be able to get more info on it.

Lee

"The Large One" ? Is this one of the members here ?

Post #6987581st Oct 2010 12:07 am
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

He is the main man for genuine landrover parts, he's a top bloke and will be able to point you in the right direction.
If he can't help you then no one can Thumbs Up

Give him a PM or email, or have a search for some of his threads for his phone number, but be patient with him as he has all of disco3's pm's and email's to deal with.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/member-the-large-one.html

Lee

Post #6988301st Oct 2010 10:51 am
Non Stick Nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

If you get the name of the rude chap the big cheese at WD picks his wife up from work and parks out side my office in his Land Cruiser. I could collar him for you?
Nothing like going to the top.
Nick
 I am a hob nobber.  
Post #6988341st Oct 2010 10:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

nichop wrote:
...Most of the guys there are fine but there is one chap who is just completely rude and out of order...

Do you mean the guy with the nasally Thames Corridor accent? (Apologies to southerners, but you all sound the same from up here!). Wink

I've been very pleased with my WD policy. To be fair, if you read all the small print, there shouldn't be any surprises. People on the phone have been really helpful. Good value - easily paid for itself. Haven't covered a couple of things, but then they weren't mentioned in the policy - so can't argue with that. Dead pleased.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #6988471st Oct 2010 11:39 am
Iain G

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Albourneboy wrote:
WD have decided to treat the claim as 2 claims (1 per control arm) so that they can apply the excess to each one Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Robbing Censored Censored Censored bas Censored ds Twisted Evil Twisted Evil !

I've complained as part of the claim submission and asked them to reconsider. I'll write to their boss if they still insist on treating it as 2 claims!

Aren't you suppose to renew bushes in pairs anyway?

Post #6993402nd Oct 2010 11:19 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Unless you made two claims yourself on them I cannot see how they can make it two?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #6993463rd Oct 2010 12:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >