[Wanted] Discovery 3 Ireland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Joek0

Ireland 
[Wanted] Discovery 3 Ireland

Looking for a discovery 3 in Ireland.
Must be a 5 seat crew cab.
I know milage is high over here on these, so as long as its not been to the moon and back im not too fussed. Obviously it has to have been looked after.

Spec wise I would like a HSE. But I'm not to bothered about heated seats, sat nav, and sun roof.
I would like one with cruise control if possible.
Must be an auto with the box flushed, no juddering.

Oil pump and timing belt also already done.

If anybody has one for sale or is thinking about selling let me know.

My budget is €7000

I would be willing to buy one with work needed but at the right price

Cheers Joe

Post #22713787th Jan 2022 6:41 pm
JLiddy

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Hi Joe,
I am from Ireland myself and looking to buy a disco 3 , I have had a decent look on car zone and Done deal, there are a few around your budget of 7K but they come with high mileage and rarely have decent spec, you may be lucky to get one with cruise control.
As far as I have seen in most ads all the work that you seek has been done as these people have had most of the problems , gotten the work done and now are looking for something else.

Let me know you get on, as i am hoping to get one soon ,myself.

Post #227248712th Jan 2022 6:57 pm
Joek0

Ireland 

Hello

Yeh I've been watching them myself on done deal for about 8 months now, there has been quite a few good ones but they don't last long theyre usually gone within a day or two. I've been looking at how much they usually sell, I've been in two minds to buy one and I've finally settled on getting one.
I have an Audi to sell in the process.!

I dont mind them being high milage, everything seems to be here in Ireland, I was reluctant to buy a car here at first as the miles on most cars are crazy high (im from England originally) but cars here are just usually in top gear cruising along, I can drive to Cork from where I live and not hit a set of traffic lights for over an hour, its crazy..!

I'm looking for one that I dont have to mind body work wise, I want to do a little off roading amd use it for my bikes and also work.

You will find one eventually the right one will pop up when your at least expecting it.

I looked at a 2005 one about 4 months ago it only had 140,000 miles on it and he wanted 4250 for it, it had been kept inside a barn aswell as he had other vehicles, had all the bits done too. He had bought a defender so that was the only reason he was selling it. Kicking myself I didn't buy it..!!!!

Post #227249212th Jan 2022 7:33 pm
JLiddy

Myself and my dad have a 1992 defender which is in show room condition and is great for Sunday spins.
I am looking for the disco 3 for a bit of overlanding , something i can put the dog into or maybe a mountain bike or two.
I think once you get the idea into your head that you want one, even with the stories you see on the forums it is easy to see past them.

I think if you look at some of the ones in Dublin you may find one that has been used purely for dropping the kids to school or going to the shops. I have my eye on a couple, the average price for something have decent seems to be between 6 - 9 thousand euro , i don't think I could afford to give any more than that.

I have a VW Golf 7 at the moment and was in two minds about selling it but I think it may be handy to have another car in the yard as a "backup " .

I will hang tight for another month or two as people may start selling upon arrival of new cars.

Post #227249612th Jan 2022 7:42 pm
Joek0

Ireland 

Yeh I know what you mean by getting the idea in to your head, I've wanted one for years but the stories you gear kind of put me off, my dad works for land rover and he says dont touch them, even a new one Laughing

Nothing seems to be coming up recently people want mad money for them and they are balls of Censored , some people who ive asked about work or proof of work they don't seem to have it. I find it strange, I've kept everything for my cars always have, when I sell it I have a wallet with it containing everything its had.

If you have done your research about these cars there's no way you would buy one without any proof of history, timing belt and water pump written on the engine in white pen just doesn't cut it for me
Rolling with laughter

I asked a guy when the timing belt was done on his and he said ' I dont know..!
Bear in mind, in his photos there is a stack of paper work on the drivers seat..!

There was a nice one for sale up near Dublin last week, looked lovely, tonga green HSE, all work done but it had side steps fitted and there was some rust so I didn't want to take the chance in case it had spread to the sills.

I'm getting Censored off at looking at them now Laughing

Have you had any luck yet..?

Post #227536027th Jan 2022 5:48 pm
JLiddy

Found One !

Hi Joe

I purchased a land Rover yesterday from the day I posted it. A guy from Wicklow was selling one in a lovely red. Its the HSE spec which has so many extras that I don't think I have found them all yet. Mileage is on the high side but no too ridiculous just over 250,000 KMs.

The side steps are rusted but it hasn't affected the sills and there is only from what i can see surface rust on the chassis, nothing to worry about. The timing belt has been done, new pads and discs and a fresh DOE.

The vehicle has been converted to a 5 seat crew cab already. Its a lot of hassle to tax it commercially but the 333 euro tax shall be worth it in the end.

Hopefully you find something your'e looking soon, keep in touch.
Jack

Post #227538727th Jan 2022 8:44 pm
Joek0

Ireland 

Excellent glad you found one Thumbs Up

Yeh I think I know the one, was it Paul by any chance.?
I was watching a red one on done deal, it was a red HSE and it was in wicklow looked really good it was a bit over my budget though.
If its the same guy he has a 2005 one as well its got 245,000 miles on it though which is far too many for me, I did message him about it but he didn't reply.

There is another one I'm interested in its a light green one with black wheels, has a snorkel, cloth interior I want to go see it but again its a bit more than what I want to pay. Its not a high spec but it suits what I would want it for.

Yeh the tax can be a bit of a hassle alright, you have to have your own business or be self employed apparently.
I work in construction so my boss is giving me a letter to say it will be used for work purposes.

There's no way I would pay the high tax its madness.!!

Good luck with it jack Thumbs Up

Post #227539327th Jan 2022 9:13 pm
Joek0

Ireland 

Bump.... Still looking

Post #227868113th Feb 2022 5:36 pm
JLiddy

Hi Joe

Did you happen to find a landrover that suited you or did you give up looking, I am looking to sell the one I was talking about as I need a car with better MPG for getting to and from work.

Post #230492421st Aug 2022 7:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >