Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wtd: Parts

[Found] D3/D4 Upper Boot Basket, Mantec, Xanadoo or Any other?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I bought an XBB500. Excellent bit of kit. Great piece of design and very well made. Thumbs Up

https://www.overlandadventureproducts.co.u...0s-series/
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #20438777th Apr 2019 10:09 am
nrl

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

mick_n3 wrote:
JGS 4x4 have the Mantec style on the shelf, ordered online and collected same day

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-discov...ck-ba4110/

There is anecdotal evidence (discussed on here in other threads) to suggest that the Xanadoo basket is far superior to the Mantec one.

Neil

Post #20443618th Apr 2019 9:01 pm
nrl

Madmedic112 wrote:
Hello all, thanks for the feedback.

Please allow me to explain the delay, I am a one man band and most of you will know I work full time in the ambulance service, as such I get 1 day a week to deal with physical basket issues, (Usually Wednesdays) I do however also answer as many PM's, posts, instas, emails, txt's, calls as I can 24 hours a day every single day.
I am aware some slip through the net, for that I apologise.

Stu,

Fair play for coming on here and explaining things.

Most customers (for any item, with any supplier) are normally tolerant/supportive of something when they are told in advance about it. But if there are delays in supply for whatever reason and, this is the important bit...this is already known prior to a customer placing an order (which in these cases it was), I think it is right and proper that this fact is declared up front, otherwise it doesn't create the best customer/supplier relationship, and may well result in a cancelled order and reputational damage!

There is nothing on the website stating that orders will take approximately 6 weeks for example (or whatever the time period is), and neither was I informed (I had to find out here on this thread from other forum members) even though we corresponded directly with each other by email both prior to my order and also at the time of my order. I offer this for what it's worth, but I'm not happy that this was not declared at the time.

Neil

Last edited by nrl on 9th Apr 2019 6:45 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #20443698th Apr 2019 9:22 pm
mick_n3

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

nrl wrote:
mick_n3 wrote:
JGS 4x4 have the Mantec style on the shelf, ordered online and collected same day

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-discov...ck-ba4110/

There is anecdotal evidence (discussed on here in other threads) to suggest that the Xanadoo basket is far superior to the Mantec one.

Neil

But can you get one off the shelf same day, or within a reasonable time?

No denying the product is good but it's massively let down by the length of time it takes to supply

M6NIO 

Post #20444389th Apr 2019 5:51 am
nrl

I agree.

Post #20444519th Apr 2019 6:46 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Decided to cancel at day 71 after my order. I should be entitled to it under Article 18 of directive 2011/83/EU. Haven’t heard back from the company yet acknowledging the message.

Post #204669817th Apr 2019 5:35 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Give the guys a break. He's doing his best. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #204673817th Apr 2019 10:08 pm
kajtzu

Thanks, Moo, for your input. I’m sure he and his company are. People having their kit seem to be happy with it yourself included. I, too, wish the company well. Judging by this thread and discussion on Facebook D3/D4 forums there also seems to be demand for what they manufacture. That most likely means that the one that was intended for me can be supplied to the next person in line and he’ll get a better sales experience.

It isn’t my (the consumer’s) job to function as a bank for a company at 0% APR, however, months on end. For one, I’d need a license for that. Mr. Green

As a consumer I have my rights just like the company has its obligations towards customers who have paid for, but not received, products. These are mandated by an EU wide consumer rights directive. It’s available at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN...32011L0083 if you’re interested in reading what your rights are. The directive is written so that a non-lawyer person, like me, can read them and figure out what they mean. That’s is really nice.

Whistle

Post #204677618th Apr 2019 6:35 am
RBB

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Moo wrote:
Give the guys a break. He's doing his best. Thumbs Up

No problem giving anyone a break....however, when a company breaks its own terms and conditions that is a problem, when a company reads messages but then ignores requests for information that is a problem, when a company takes money and cant fulfil orders in a time scale that they themselves set and gives no update on the orders progress but quite happily takes the money up front that is BIG problem.......

It destroys any good will and is a very quick way to ruin a companies reputation, regardless of how good the product is.

I have a huge amount of time and respect for anyone who tries to set up a business and holds down a "full time" job, especially one in a frontline role, but when you Censored your customers off there will come a time when you have to make a decision either seek investment to manufacture and hold stock and employ someone to help(or take it on full time), or sell the business.........otherwise the companies reputation will deteriorate to a point where you will have no sales.

Sad but true Shocked

Post #204679318th Apr 2019 9:10 am
kajtzu

To follow up:

I never heard anything back from the company, I mean after my message a month ago in April.

Sent another today again requesting acknowledgment of my cancellation and for a prompt refund.

Alternatives at this point, realistic ones I mean, are to wait some more, initiate a chargeback process via the credit card company and/or file for short term fraud with the U.K. authorities. Shocked

Happy you’re still part of EU. Thumbs Up

Post #205626127th May 2019 9:13 am
nrl

Sorry to hear that.

I haven't received my order either or any contact from the company (since my order) or any information on further delays.

The timelines quoted by Stuart in the post in this thread of 18 April have not been met, nor even the timelines quoted in the T&Cs at the time of my order.

I have written to Stuart this morning stating my disappointment, asking what's going on and a confirmed date when I will receive my order. I've also stated that I reserve the right to cancel my order in full.

Neil

Post #205627427th May 2019 9:53 am
RBB

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

I have sent many many messages as it seems that is the only way they communicate, my update is that after a lot of hassling them mine has allegedly been dispatched on the 23rd May via Parcel force 24....I still don't have it but am tracking its progress

It is poor that they as a company are effectively getting operating cash as interest free loans from customers, quoting their own T & Cs when it applies to them and ignoring customers....I gave them deadlines and threatened action through my credit card company and trading standards if it wasn't dispatched by end of last week...miraculously he found one and has sent it out.

I will start a new thread as a warning with full copies of messages sent once i receive mine!

Still Censored you off that a company can operate like this tho' Banging Head

Post #205628727th May 2019 10:50 am
kajtzu

Got refunded immediately after I sent my email detailing my next steps. The company explained that they use FB to communicate reasons for their delays, etc..... not convinced since if the only reason one gets a response is threatening with the authorities, well, Whistle

It took two days for the refund to show up on my card. Note that most card processors tend to allow refunding only up to 90 days from the date of the initial transaction. Made a 4.83 EUR loss on currency rates between date of purchase and date of refund. Mr. Green Anyway, got my money back, learned a lesson. Remember to always pay on the credit side since in a dispute the payment network can do a chargeback if they find it in your favor..

Comparing this “experience” with transactions on the D3 forum - the latter have been flawless in terms of product, delivery, communication, etc. which is a credit to all the members..

Post #205709630th May 2019 7:26 am
nrl

I had written to Stu on 27 May and received a reply on 28 May stating staff sickness etc, and also that he updates his facebook page. Why would I read a facebook page when I'm expecting an order? There are no delivery updates on the website which is where I would look or more importantly, an email to all pending customers with unfulfilled orders.

It's 2 months for me now, and all that is happening is the reasons for the delays keep increasing with no end in sight.

Stu had promised me an expected eta by the evening of 28th May, but we are now 2 days on and I've still received no eta which he promised.

Thus, this morning I have cancelled my order in full and because all I get every time I engage with the company is a list of reasons why things have been delayed yet again, I've completely lost confidence in the company. I've asked for a refund within 24 hours otherwise I'll be seeking a refund through my credit card company.

Effectively I've given a loan to Xanadoo for 2 months, with no goods being received and for which I've paid a small amount of interest as I hadn't paid it off in full.

Inexcusable conduct from this company. Buyers beware!

Neil

Last edited by nrl on 30th May 2019 12:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #205711930th May 2019 8:45 am
nrl

RBB wrote:
I have sent many many messages as it seems that is the only way they communicate, my update is that after a lot of hassling them mine has allegedly been dispatched on the 23rd May via Parcel force 24....I still don't have it but am tracking its progress

It is poor that they as a company are effectively getting operating cash as interest free loans from customers, quoting their own T & Cs when it applies to them and ignoring customers....I gave them deadlines and threatened action through my credit card company and trading standards if it wasn't dispatched by end of last week...miraculously he found one and has sent it out.

I will start a new thread as a warning with full copies of messages sent once i receive mine!

Still Censored you off that a company can operate like this tho' Banging Head

Completely agree, see my latest post this morning.

Naming and shaming is the way to go. In my dealings with Stu this week I referred to the Disco3.com thread (this one) and his response on the 18th April, and the fact that he hadn't even complied with his own promises made on 18th April in this very thread.

Neil

Post #205712130th May 2019 8:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >