Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Value of a LandRover Approved rating
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mulletma5ter

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Value of a LandRover Approved rating

Just wondering how much more people would be willing to pay for a vehicle rated Approved versus an identical vehicle from a non-LR source?

Post #224352126th Jul 2021 10:14 am
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Wouldn’t bother me, I assume it gets the land rover approval because they’ve serviced it etc, don’t trust land rover any more than a good local indie so no difference to me Smile
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #224352626th Jul 2021 10:42 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

same here, LR approved used to come with a 2 year full LR warranty and LR assist breakdown which made them worth the higher prices at dealers. They dropped this to 1 year a little while ago and you can now get a cheaper car with the same or better warranty and breakdown by buying from an Indy.
It all depends if the spec of the car you want is at a main dealer or an indy to sway you where to buy from and if your happy with the price you pay then whos to argue.

I personally have doubts whether the LR approved 165 point inspection is a valid selling point since i was sold an accident damaged, poorly repaired Evoque by a main dealer, despite their multi point inspection saying they dont sell accident damaged cars.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #224353726th Jul 2021 11:39 am
mulletma5ter

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Great perspectives, thanks very much. Sad to hear they don't necessarily live up to their own hype.

The search continues

Post #224354426th Jul 2021 11:55 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

You'll be paying through the nose for bad service and a car that's not guaranteed to have a full service history from a LR dealer (just read the horror stories on here) whereas I'd much rather buy a car that had been to a good indie and been thoroughly checked over by people that aren't interested in selling you another car but would rather keep the one you have on the road..

Just my thoughts...
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #224354626th Jul 2021 12:04 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

I’ve had three Discovery’s. The first one was a LR Approved D3 which was an absolute dog. Poor service record when looked into as the previous owner didn’t do many miles so thought it could go two years between services. It was a ‘typical’ D3 - EGR’s, turbo, suspension compressor within five years of its birth. Oh, and needed a new clutch within a fortnight of me owning it which the dealer tried to wriggle out of, but standing my ground, they and LR sorted it.

The second was a MY2010 D4 that I bought from a member on here when it was two and a half years old. He worked at a LR dealership so the car had been maintained there, but under his watchful eye. It wasn’t perfect in the six years we had it (turbo again), but I was probably partially to blame for that as I used to drive it like I was Miss Daisy, so had the turbo issues when I asked it to work - above 3,000rpm.

Our current 2016 D4 had issues when we first had it at 18 months old, silly electrical gremlins that manifested themselves as we were boarding a ferry for a four week caravanning holiday to the Med. The adaptive headlight unit packed in which took out the cameras and parking sensors. That too was a LR approved car. Since then (touching as much wood as possible) we had the bonnet not releasing a few weeks ago.............

Personally, I’d rather have a car that’s been looked after and sold privately (forum member?) than one from a LR dealership. Ok you might get peace of mind and a bit of a warranty, but LR forecourts are full of badly presented and abused vehicles in my opinion.

Post #224355926th Jul 2021 1:41 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

I actually purchased a “used” LR via that LR approved scheme at a main dealership. It was the best car I had, price was keen too, mind you it only had 10 miles on the clock and was 2 months old having been pre registered, so it was really a new one and they couldn’t go wrong.

Post #224356026th Jul 2021 1:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >