Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Vacuumpipes leaking and some oil + Wheelbearing change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
vilkenkarl

Sweden 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Vacuumpipes leaking and some oil + Wheelbearing change

Well, just started to fix our -07 D3. The car was in for a recall 18th mars last year (the 017...) where they changed the vacuumpipe. Now, not a full year later the breakpedal drops down far to long, very scary when driving with gumboots hitting the accelerator from time to time. I spoke to the authorized workshop that changed the pipe, but they have absolutly no intrest in redo the job. Land Rover Scandinavia won't do anything since the recall is done according to their papers.

I ordered a new pipe since I could hear some leaking noise from the connetors on the pump and just plugged it of today. The o-rings inside are a bit damaged and I belive I can detect some oil. Does this mean that I should check the breakbooster aswell? Where does the oil come from? The brakefluid container is full.

The car has so far gone 130000 km and today both wheelbearings needs changeing. WTF (no, I don't mean Wikileaks Task Force)! Shouln't the bearings last longer than this? They were sitting pretty hard and I had to use more violence than ever before getting them loose. How do you normally loosing them?

Post #74611813th Jan 2011 4:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >