Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

A very unhappy Disco 3 owner!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ive had a D2 and two D3's with no problems but the service received by the main dealer network has been much worse than my experience of BMW and AUDI which I also own. Its the car that brings me back , time and again .

Post #13784711th Mar 2007 10:00 pm
Shiny Silver

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sounds like a wind up that could be played by some sad people. Drive into carpark, pick out owner of any car, tell them a tale of woe about owning one yourself and leave them to ponder.
Sorry shouldn't be giving you ideas, but some people probably would do it out of jealousy or spite.

Post #13811012th Mar 2007 9:03 pm
Jads777

Guernsey 

shiny blue wrote:
Sounds like a wind up that could be played by some sad people. Drive into carpark, pick out owner of any car, tell them a tale of woe about owning one yourself and leave them to ponder.
Sorry shouldn't be giving you ideas, but some people probably would do it out of jealousy or spite.

Good thinking.

Like:

"I had one of these Prius's once. Batteries failed after six months, 10 grand to replace and not covered by warranty. I'd get rid quick if I were you".

Post #13813212th Mar 2007 9:53 pm
Chocolate

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

not at all, I saw his D3 parked a row away from mine, he was a very genuine guy who was honestly upset with the problems he has had, he said the disco is a fabulous car when it was working and not in the dealers.

And to be honest, anything anyone said to me wouldnt make a bit of difference on the way I feel about my car, I love the Disco to bits and the dealer has been excellent, so my experience is a very good one. I will be having a new one next year for sure Very Happy (unless finances take a turn for the worst!!)

Car of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007, Best Large 4x4
Top Gear "Best Car In The World"
4x4 Magazine "Best 4x4 In The World"

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #13813912th Mar 2007 10:00 pm
NICKNICK

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Law of averages I guess & the fact the Disco is so complex.

I also found Guy Salmon Wakey great when car in for rear pads & sensors whilst visiting in-laws . Strait in & out, helped with car seats full valet, oil check & top up, courtesy car and tyre tread check £150+vat. Got to have been better than S***stone Woodford.

Will use them for service if can fit in with visit

Post #13814412th Mar 2007 10:09 pm
Malcolm

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I had a few issues to say the least but i am now on number 3 and i am not going to tempt fate too much but Very Happy is how it is these days !!!
 Alive and kicking..who's round is it anyway ??  
Post #13826913th Mar 2007 10:25 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

How's this for an interesting perspective from an American reviewer

Quote:
How dysfunctional is this relationship? In the 2006 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (problems per 100 vehicles within 90 days of purchase), Land Rover registered a basement-dwelling 204. Porsche leads the industry with 91. The industry average is 124. The same goes for J.D. Power's most recent Vehicle Dependability Study, a three-year survey that has Land Rover at the bottom with 438 problems per 100 vehicles. Lexus leads that list with 91; the industry average is 227.

And yet, like an abused spouse, the Land Rover buyer keeps coming back. Land Rover has some of the highest owner retention rates in the industry -- in the prestige SUV segment, almost double the industry average.

Why would people re-enlist for such heartache? Well, it's the difference between consumerism and connoisseurship. Consumerism is a mind-set that requires products to perform with appliance-like reliability -- a transactional, fee-for-service dynamic -- even at the expense of charm or interest. Connoisseurship requires the opposite, preferring charisma over the quiet and everlasting servility of, say, a Honda. Land Rovers are positively lousy with charm, not to mention having the aristocratic, landed-gentry vibe going on. A Range Rover Supercharged with navy upholstery and ivory piping is about the most delicious British thing this side of Colston Bassett Stilton.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #13832413th Mar 2007 12:41 pm
Chocolate

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Very good quote DG, sums my mind set very well, I have a mate, always buys Kia, raves about the value for money, excellent waranty, discounts etc..., but I tried an "award winning" Sorento 4x4 for the day, absolute bag of cack!! Shocked

Thumbs Up

Car of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007, Best Large 4x4
Top Gear "Best Car In The World"
4x4 Magazine "Best 4x4 In The World"

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #13884014th Mar 2007 6:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >