Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Tyres from Black Circle?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
maltesenick

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Tyres from Black Circle?

Was contemplating sourcing a pair of tyres via Black Circle. ( Continental 4 x 4 Contact 235/70R17's )
I appreciate AJS is our site sponsor but would really prefer the "delivered to a local garage and all fitted/ valved etc" facility that is a Black Circle option rather than humping them about to a fitter myself.
Has anyone any experience of using Black Circle and how do their prices compare?

Post #42736323rd Feb 2009 5:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Have you spoken to Andy at AJS to see if he can reccomend a local fitter that he could maybe deliver direct to. Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #42736823rd Feb 2009 5:31 pm
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I have used Black Circles with tyres delivered to a local fitter and it worked perfectly. Kwik Fit have also price matched Black Circles asking me to take a copy of the "fitted BC quote" when I went to get tyres fitted. It is also worth calling a few of your local fitters first for quotes as they are sometimes cheaper than BC. I have also had a local BC fitter undercut the BC quote so I went direct. It's just worth making a few calls.

Post #42739823rd Feb 2009 6:33 pm
maltesenick

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Tyres from Black Circle?

Thanks guys, comments taken on board and I'll let you know how I get on. Tried my local Costco but Michelin ( which is all they supply apparently ) don't do this size - allegedly!! Seems odd and guy couldn't shed any light on why. Ho hum.

Post #42923626th Feb 2009 11:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
frenchy

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I've used the Camskill website to get mail order tyres - good value and great service. You could presumably get them sent direct to your local tyre fitters. He then charged me £10 to fit each corner and threw in the fifth free.
Andy at AJS was very helpful - even though he knew he wasn't getting the buisness. Top bloke Thumbs Up

Post #42927226th Feb 2009 1:11 pm
Lord Dust

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Have always used Black Circles - i actually really rate the experience

Don't know if Black Circles send the fitting facility a strict rule book or code of conduct - but it sure seems like that

I've even noticed on the same tyre fitters. One time walked in off the street - had the usual disinterested negative sell Censored scratching behaviour being displayed by 'Spider' Razz

ordered through Black Circles and me friend 'Spider' couldn't have doen enough for me - how's that work??? Neutral

Also you build up points at Black Circles that you can use for even more money off your next purchase

Post #4332155th Mar 2009 10:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >