DISCO3.CO.UK > General

tyre question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
tyre question

Guys

I'm usually pretty OK with tyres, but this one puzzles me.

I've been offered a set of 4 Goodyear Wrangler 255/55x19's (and I'm OK with Wrangler HP's having got over 40k miles out of each set I had on my TD5). These are marked Wrangler HP, but have the latest F1 tread pattern, and are H rated (which should be OK on the D3 according to the parts/options list this is whats fitted to the 19" alloys), and they are load rated at 111.

Price is good (and dont ask). Anyone had any experience of these, should I go for them, as I cant find anything on the web that relates to this size. I can find wrangler F1 info, but it appears to be in smaller sizes, and no mention of H rating, all V and above.

cheers
Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #4734413th Mar 2006 8:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vectis

England 

I have got a set of 255/55x18 F1's on range rover twin spoke alloys in the garage I had them on the car before I sold it only did 1500 miles on them but very good in the wet and not bad in the mud.
I had F1's on a golf VR6 years ago and they were the best wet weather tyre I ever had.

Post #4737113th Mar 2006 8:54 pm
al cope

England 

thanks Vectis- sorry to be picky, but are yours marked F1, or HP, and what speed rating are they?

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #4737413th Mar 2006 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vectis

England 

They are marked F1 and they are VR rated.

Post #4765714th Mar 2006 8:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >