DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

TV tuner (again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
TV tuner (again)

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed quite a bit and I've read as many of the relevant posts as I could find.

I am however still unclear if the 2008MY HSE had it as standard (on a 57 plate)? My screen does not have the TV button, though from having seen the antennae diagrams found on this forum, it seems I have the antenna for it. Is there a way -without tearing all the lining off!!!- I could check if the hardware is there before I kindly ask my local dealer to enable the feature (if the hardware is there)?

Another question is whether the "nav-tv" adaptor a few have used also gives the touchscreen functionality to the external source or just the video signal? If the later, can't this be done simply by connecting the source cabling on the back o the screen and then "enabling" the input from IDS/FaultMate?

Many thanks!

Post #5167847th Sep 2009 3:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
matt_tdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have recently bought the LR TV Tuner Unit from a Range Rover Sport and have my dealer looking for the parts i need as we speak

The wiring loom is about £600+VAT,The LR TV unit is about £600+VAT plus the aerial at about £34

Im sure Faultmate can turn the TV system on in the D3 as it was an option from new according to the Microcat

Post #5169277th Sep 2009 7:28 pm
discoBizz

Thanks Matt.

This is all a bit too much even for a few hours of quietness Laughing

So what you are saying, is that I probably have the hardware and just need to turn it on?

Post #5172608th Sep 2009 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The antenna's are built into the glass on all models ...you then need 2 arial amplifiers that go to the TV tuner box . Then fiber optic cables to join into the MOST system .

Have a look on the relevent antenna's and see if there is a little connector with a wire going up in the head lining.

Other than that you would have to remove the rear panel and look for the tuner .

I cant see why any one would switch your tv function off ...as far as i know ..TV was only ever an option ..not standard.

I doubt you will have it fitted ...and a very expensive retrofit . ...even then it will not work on the move , without more expensive gubbins
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #5172748th Sep 2009 12:17 pm
discoBizz

Many thanks wiggs Thumbs Up

Didn't think I'd be getting something for nothing Neutral

Will have a look in the panel, just in case... would the tuner be visible from the opening of where the jack is?

PS: I could think of at least on reason a dealer may disable the TV while fitted... £££!

Post #5173188th Sep 2009 1:24 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Maybe visable with a torch ..not sure though Sad
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #5173268th Sep 2009 1:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >