Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Turbochip done today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
garyr

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Turbochip done today

So I had the turbochip upgrade done this morning. Read lots of feedback on the forum before I went ahead but I thought would give some views and get feedback.

A subjective thought but yes there is definitely a difference. I mean we are not talking sports car performance here but my HSE seems to surge forward much quicker than before. It took 10 mins so I question the price tag - but of course they had to build the software etc. etc. etc. I work for a software company so I know the drill well!

No black smoke so thats good. I also heard that my auto box will get used to the new map and get quicker!! Where the hek does that come from. Its a car not a cyborg! Can anyone explain the theory behind that. I also have no idea why it should have better miles per gallon?

I have been told that LR dealers will not be able to tell its been mapped. I cannot believe that really. I am sure that dealers will have a little intelligent plug in that will tell them exactly what sw the car is running - or am I wrong here??

So to conclude - yes its quicker and feels great! Any feedback on my points welcome,
Cheers
Gary
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #2943971st May 2008 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >