Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Trip to South of France Recommendations Please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

We stopped overnight at Ashford IIRC... Short trip to Dover for an early ferry. Not a tintenter so not sure if it's as easy but i then grabbed 40 winks on the boat and was good for a full day's drive afterwards.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #191515015th Feb 2018 11:32 pm
paulmeryan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I have wanted to stay here since we rented a small house in Contis about 7 years ago. We passed it lots while there and it looks like a great place. Maybe check some reviews out though. Always books up very early in the year too.

http://www.lous-seurrots.com/en/emplacements/piches-caravanes/

Contis plage is in les landes, a stunningly beautiful part of France. It's a bit further than Bordeax and Biaritz is about the same distance past Contis. It's even possible to drive into Spain and visit San Sebastian from here.

We drove down from London when our son was about 3 in a Beemer estate. Journey time on French side was about 10 hours iirc. No problem for any of us and will be more comfortable in the Disco.

Gets very hot here, so I would get a forest pitch for the shade. Make sure you have your EHIC cards. Our son fell and bumped his head on a gate stop and we still had to pay to see a local Dr even with our EHICs. I think they're useful though if you need a hospital, god willing you don't of course, but if you did you could do without a bill too.
 VR6 > 330D Touring > D3 HSE > !?XC90?!  
Post #191528716th Feb 2018 1:36 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

We stayed in a fabulous site a couple of years back called 'Les Alicourts' , it's not right down in the South but was the nicest place we've been in France with brilliant facilities for the kids.

If it's of interest book direct through their website as far cheaper than booking via Eurocamp etc which add a hefty premium. https://www.lesalicourts.com/en/

Post #191529416th Feb 2018 1:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
vette

United Kingdom 
Re: Trip to South of France Recommendations Please

GFOS31 wrote:
Hello, I am after some recommendations. We are planning on going to the South of France with the D4 and Caravan the first 2 weeks in July. We will have our 2 year old Daughter with us. We are thinking of crossing Dover-Calais, can anyone recommend any good sites in the South of France. Also advise on how long to travel down and any possible stop overs on the way as well as good routes. Is there anything extra that I need to take to stay within French laws. Thanks in advance.

Hi GFOS31,

Not sure if a bit late to answer this, but we have been many times to South of France, and onward to South of Spain, towing our large 4 wheel caravan.

We always use Dover Dunkirk for our ferry crossing.
We always without fail go by A25, A1, A10, A71, A75

You can pay to o over Millau, or take the old road through the town, then remember to camp at "Camping Sud" in Millau.

Lille
Paris
Orleans
Clermont-Ferrand
Millau
Adge

I have a list of camping sites if your still heading that way.
We were going for 3 months, so time was irrelevant.

vette

Post #191617818th Feb 2018 8:59 pm
GFOS31

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto BarossaDiscovery 4

Hi Great, thanks for the information.
We have now booked the sites fore the trip down and back,
We are planning on doing this annually so if you do have the information on the site you have used etc that would be great.
Thanks again for coming back to me,

Post #191628019th Feb 2018 9:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >