DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Trip home from Le Mans......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Trip home from Le Mans......

Driving back up through France on Monday, it was noticeable how many French police were hiding behind bushes, under bridges etc. with speed cameras. I was a good boy, but obviously many were not. Got this quoted in an email today: Rolling with laughter

Quote:
A mate of another mate obviously had a bit of trouble on the way back.....

Le Mans? The thieving faced Frog Censored took 45 Francs, or Euros or whatever their Censored comedy money is called now, from us on the trip home for allegedly driving too fast on one of their Censored , pathetic, British liberated roads.

The monkey-faced, semi-literate, goon-ish supposed cop that flagged us down reckoned that we were doing 115 kilometers, or whatever ridiculous, garlic-reeking unit of distance measurement the cheese eating surrender monkeys use these days, per hour and that the speed limit was a stupidly low 90 as if we should know, or even be interested in, what stoopid laws they may have made up to govern their mickey-mouse country of dids, pikeys and horse worriers.

Obviously we were trying to drive as fast as we could; we were on our way to leave their fly-blown, fetid nation as quickly as possible.

The Frog cars in front of us were waved through and it was obvious that they were only stopping real people, i.e. not garlic munchers, when a Dutch plated Maserati was also pulled in behind us. Pierre LeCocksuckeur tried to tell me in his not very good English (did they learn nothing from Agincourt?) that they were always there, but it was obvious that Sunday evening was for fare l'argent facile from les Rosbifs, or whatever it is they say in their soap-forsaken country.

Well, what can you expect? Give a land of sad, ttish communists uniforms and they're gonna turn into stty little sour-faced little Napoleons with a zenophobic attitude to the very people who saved them from speaking German these past fifty years.

France. A lovely country, somewhat spoiled by the people who live there. Was it Jean Paul Sartre who said "Hell is other people"? Censored ' right it is if all the other people are French mate. Give them the finest motor race in the world and they still manage to avoid winning it very often.

That's probably what Censored me off the most ( Censored no, it was the money), I'd enjoyed the weekend, felt fairly pleased that Pergeot, or however you spell the Censored -up, characterless st-wagen manufacturer, had won and even hummed along to the Marseillaise (even the poxy country's national anthem had to be written by Lennon and McCartney) and then this weaselly Censored gendarme left me feeling like I wished that the Audi had won - and I really hate the Censored ' Germans...

No offence intended, obviously just a good ol' rant.

Post #48335318th Jun 2009 12:42 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Luckely for him he wasn't speeding in The Netherlands as he would complain abou the money too. Laughing
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #48336918th Jun 2009 6:11 am
Neil Pettersen

115km would get you 125 Quid on motorways here ........ France is really cheap

I went to this one :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans ....... wonderful times ....... Very Happy

Post #48337018th Jun 2009 6:25 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

It would probably be 180 Euro in The Netherlands.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #48337118th Jun 2009 6:28 am
lafona00

United Arab Emirates 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

€45 is cheap... I am surprised because 90 to 115 is more than 20kmh and that should have been (as far as i Know) €90.

Above 40kmh is the big thing now... few hundres € and they are attented to confiscate the car if you are more than 50kmh above the limit.
 Arno
No more LR... but a Toyo
Java Black Disco 3 XS Auto - MY2008 - Leather, heated seats.
Series 3 Def 90 - 1993 

Post #48337318th Jun 2009 6:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Censored French. They do it every time at Le Mans. Targeting the British Evil or Very Mad We got pulled one year in a mini bus. When we said we couldn't understand him, he pulled out a book with it written in English. Basically it said if you don't pay up on the spot they will take the vehicle and fine you more Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So we had a quick whip round and went on our way Evil or Very Mad
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #48342918th Jun 2009 9:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lafona00

United Arab Emirates 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Don t say F Censored french it is the same in many countries.

BTW: they are not targetting the english in particular... they are targetting the foreigner because the speed exces represent 20% by foreigners...

Don t feel we don t like the english...
 Arno
No more LR... but a Toyo
Java Black Disco 3 XS Auto - MY2008 - Leather, heated seats.
Series 3 Def 90 - 1993 

Post #48344018th Jun 2009 9:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >