Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Trip to French Alps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
buzz

England 

from a police perspective!!!!!!! the software used by the french camera enforcement cannot currently recognize british number plates. however this is about to change as they have aquired the capability but are still at the discussion stage with the brits over jurisdiction of the fines.

it is only a matter of time before the fine drops through your door in time for your arrival home Pig
 Gone.......but not forgotten

06 Zermatt 7 seat auto with PDC and privacy

Club £400 V.E.D. 

Post #13022015th Feb 2007 5:40 pm
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

is the reverse true as I know several Europeans here who believe they are immune to such things???

Very Happy
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #13022415th Feb 2007 5:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tfl_golf

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

With all this talk about speeding fines you obviously know how SWMBO drives !!! On return from Rugby last week the story goes :- "Well I saw a RRS and just wondered mmmm it goes 110 mph but takes a while to get there !!!" Rolling Eyes No post to date.

BTW A couple we where going with cannot rearrange their work so if anyone is bored with a D3 sat on the drive there is presently a room available - It's fully catered and £220 per person for Fri 23rd to Tue 27th Feb.

Post #13031115th Feb 2007 10:24 pm
nickgriff

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

SPOTTER wrote:
is the reverse true as I know several Europeans here who believe they are immune to such things???

Very Happy

yes they are immune, the French would strike, the Swiss would sit there and threaten not to give back our money, the Germans would Invade and the Spanish would be too busy at lunch to worry! Not forgetting the Brits, who would moan to eachother, but pay the fine.
Laughing

Post #13040916th Feb 2007 8:50 am
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

it is a bit wierd, all this talk on here about what the Gendarmes etc. can do to you......

I know all my French, Spanish, Italian, Spanish, Polish etc. friends would never give the remotest thought as to what the UK police might catch them for, nor do they worry about making an effort to fulfil the letter of the law for anything for that matter........like replating your car in the UK once you have been here for 10 years Whistle

what it is to be British Rolling Eyes
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #13041316th Feb 2007 9:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IanD

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Maps of all fixed "radars" as the French call them can be found at the following site, by region, with a precise description of the location if you hover the mouse over each installation on the map:

http://www.securiteroutiere.equipement.gou...index.html

The number of mobile "radars" (i.e. laser guns) available by Departement is on

http://www.securiteroutiere.equipement.gou...obiles.htm if you fancy calculating your chances of getting caught Wink

P.S. they can't do you on the time between peages because the ticket machines and booths do not use the same clock and there is no correlation between them (yet)!

Post #13044516th Feb 2007 11:44 am
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

If you plan your route with www.mappy.com it also highlights the cameras Wink They're mostly all in 90-110 zones around cities at the moment.

I'd not fret about chains right now. They're efficient at cleaning up. Oh - but I do have winter tyres on my beast.

They can read Swiss plates; in the old car giving it some through France, a sign at the side of the road displayed my number and the wonderful phrase "Trop vite" Very Happy That was from sensors on autoroute bridges Shocked but that was down towards Marseille.

For European venturers, I find one thing very good - no matter how full the car is, it does not look loaded. Thankfully....as I came back from just north of Venice with about 100 bottles of wine and dead rabbits/birds from my wife's great uncle!! Not to mention the waterbottles filled with home-made grappa Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #13046916th Feb 2007 2:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >