Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Trinity Hinckley Leicester - I'd avoid if you ask me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi DiscosFTW,

you may note there are common themes with our posts... that is the people are nice. my problems have been in the hands of the workshop manager, who I assume is the same guy. and I cannot disagree with you about the nice bit.

I guess the difference comes from our specific vehicles. You dont say what type / age etc. yours is.

Mine has had far more than the average failures, probably due to being one of the first off the line. My experience has been that if you have one or two issues they are fine. However when you have a vehicle that has a list of issues they do not like to document things and very quickly loose track of the issues.

so for me the overall measure of a dealer is how they act when things go seriously wrong... taking your money is the easy part.

with comments from LR themselves that they are 'dissapointed' with the way my situation has been handled by this dealer when things have gone wrong, I stand by my assesment. you can find better dealers.

Im glad they have resolved your suspension problem... but you dont say what it was... and I wonder based on what I have learnt here, if maybe another dealer would have sorted it in a matter of weeks. maybe you could provide detail. Wink
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #8830725th Sep 2006 7:20 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Trinity LR HINCKLEY

Well first off it's Hinckley with a c Laughing

Well to date I have nothing but praise for Trinity. My 07MY car was ordered via a GE fleet lease and therefore didn't come from them, however the sales guys were very helpful. Test Drive, quotes, checked my order, arranged my complimentary introduction at Eastnor.

Even got to see the service area and speak to one of the guys doing an enhancement on a D3.

Top service so far...

Post #9593020th Oct 2006 6:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dylansdad

glad to hear it. As i said before, people are nice, sales are great. I just hope yours doesnt have problems although then again yours is a lease vehicle so you probably dont care. Laughing

when youve spent a lot of money with a dealer you expect them to take ownership of issues and resolve them. this dealer has not done that and indeed believes because a fault cant be replicated on demand (I have videos of issues) it doesnt exist and therefor they shouldnt have to fix anything..... not good service Im sure you'd agree.

They know I am looking at legal action over their failure to resolve the probems over nearly 2 years, LR have approached them about the faults and doing something about my vehicle and the poor service before things get legal, and their attitude? so far, is to ignore the problem and pretend they have no obligations. Good customer service starts with communication and listening, somthing they do not do in my experience. (not sales.. service)

enjoy your D3 its a great vehicle.
Post #9594420th Oct 2006 7:24 pm
catweasel

DD, I am an electrician and sometimes we have faults at work which are intermitent and being electricity, you have no hope of seeing what is going on so we use meters and the like to look. when you arrive at the machine and the fault cleared then what do you look for Question . you can only fix a fault when it is present or replace components if the fault is persistent (costly exercise). I think you might be bending the truth a little bit there, they probably cant find it so are unable to fix it.

Post #9604521st Oct 2006 1:25 pm
dylansdad

Cat,

I am in no way bending the truth and tbh i resent such a comment given if you read my post you will see my issue is being told there is nothing we can do despite having video of the issues happening... that is unacceptable.

I have a background in elecronics, laterly networks etc. I have had to resolve many issues in the past through deduction and elimination as opposed to having the problem in front of me. If you cant find the cause then last resort is to replace the unit...that is the dealers choice which approach they wish to take. but shrugging the shoulders and not taking ownership of issues im sure is not something you would accept if your D3 had repeated failures....so why should I?
Post #9610421st Oct 2006 7:29 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

My first observation is that if you are entering into a legal situation with them, the worst possible thing you can do is to berate them on an open forum Sad

You have then singled out the workshop manager, my advice - stop there, say no more....

I stand by my assessment; these guys are well trained and professional. Stating rights, consumer law and involving Land Rover may well be required but the element of goodwill and friendship will have taken a back seat as every time they hear from you they naturally assume the worst. In my experience getting what you want is inextricably linked to getting on with the people who you need to provide a service...

It does sound like you have had a really rough time and I sympathise, I had a rotten time with A ford a few years ago, but I still have a laugh about it and have bought the service guys a few beers since !

Good luck with the D3
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #10236416th Nov 2006 8:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >