Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Transmission NOT Shifting Automatically ONLY in Manual Mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nkhooter

United States 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Transmission NOT Shifting Automatically ONLY in Manual Mode

Hello I have a 2005 LR3 4.4L Petrol . I noticed about halfway home the car wasn't shifting automatically . The car wouldn't shift up . Stayed in the same gear . So I put it into manual mode . The car shifts in manual mode . if the car is in auto mode it stays in the same gear until I force the lever over into sport mode then back into regular mode . Then the car shifts to the next gear. Then were back to not shifting? Also there are no dash lights. Also When car is in special programs like SNOW it shifts like normal ? I have read it may have something to do with the break light switch ?

Please can anyone help ?

Post #10813371st Apr 2013 3:09 am
nkhooter

United States 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Transmission NOT Shifting Automatically ONLY in Manual M

nkhooter wrote:
Hello I have a 2005 LR3 4.4L Petrol . I noticed about halfway home the car wasn't shifting automatically . The car wouldn't shift up . Stayed in the same gear . So I put it into manual mode . The car shifts in manual mode . if the car is in auto mode it stays in the same gear until I force the lever over into sport mode then back into regular mode . Then the car shifts to the next gear. Then were back to not shifting? Also there are no dash lights. Also When car is in special programs like SNOW it shifts like normal ? I have read it may have something to do with the break light switch ?

Please can anyone help ?

never mind bad break bulb Censored

Post #10813391st Apr 2013 4:53 am
kiwi4x4

New Zealand 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi
I have same model LR3, 2005 Petrol, 102 kms. Auto transmission would suddenly get stuck at 4000 revs while driving on motorway @ 80 - 100km/hr. Various amber warning lights would come on, including Descent mode, and stability control. After couple of weeks , realised it only happened when I turned the headlights on on a greyish day with poor light. Stopping and switching off and removing key and restarting with lights off temporarily solved problem. One one occasion when the problem occurred while I was driving I switched the headlights off while still moving and the transmission instantly returned to normal. Diagnosis - brake light switch unit was faulty AND when replaced only one R side of back light cluster worked correctly. Ultimately solved by replacement of all brake light bulbs of SAME MAKE and specs. ( bulbs of 2 different makes were also part of the problem when new switch installed.).
No more issues with transmission with or without headlights on.

Post #216397828th Jul 2020 3:29 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >