Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Transmission Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
loupy

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
Transmission Fault

While driving My disco 3 (2005 with 90k on it) it stays in gear and really has to rev before it changes gears.
When i put it in to sport mode it does the same but when i use the stick to go up and down gears they select ok.
The dash lights up a transmission fault when I stop but goes out when I start up again but transmission is still not changing properly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Club Venom Remap
Club 20" Stormers 

Post #84811316th Oct 2011 10:00 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

this may sound odd, transmission fault comes up when you need a new brake switch which your post seems to suggest as you say it came on when you used the brake! Shocked

If you can replicate the fault coming up on the display by driving a short distance and braking from time to time, that might help to identify the underlying issue

Not expensive and a worth while option to change anyway coz one day it will go, oh an whilst yer at the LR dealers, get um to put it on IDS to see where the fault has come from (a tip would be to right down the date/approx time and mileage it happens prior to going it as this will help them follow the fault codes). Thumbs Up

Options 2 would be that the torque converter in the gearbox is on its way out, becoming a common issue now that these things are getting older, others might suggest a double flush of the gearbox oil/new pan filter but that has been identified as a short term solution to a gearbox judder. Normally the symptoms happen in an cold ambient temp (after less than 10 miles stop start) or after a long drive when the gearbox is hot and you're coming up to say traffic lights and coasting to a standstill whilst the box goes down to 1st, then when you accelarate away its revs higher than the speed the vehicle is moving which instinctively leaves you with no option but to move the stick over to command and then up one or two gears before moving back over to auto Big Cry

BTW, been there, seen it, done it club member Thumbs Up

Post #84813716th Oct 2011 10:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >