Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

Battery voltage high since improving terminal connections
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ollie795

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Battery voltage high since improving terminal connections

Hi all so I noticed I was getting some faults come up that were battery related so I checked the battery with a meter and it was fine at 12.6V when plugging in the IID tool while driving I was getting 12.4v - 14.4v but not stable, so at this point I checked the battery terminals and could move them easily, turns out they hadn’t been pushed down fully when being done up and had come loose.

Since securing the terminals I took it for a drive...the whole time it read 15.1V...too high for a lead acid without boiling it...
The next time I drove it, it sat at 14.5V no problem, I thought I’d check it again this morning and the indication at the top left of the app and it displayed 12.0V the whole way to work...this wasn’t using the live values function for battery voltage just the inbuilt voltage indication in the app...guess it could be a bug and it froze at 12V as the car had no problems...
Checked it again this evening on the way home (using the live values battery voltage) , battery was at 12.2V, when starting dipped to 10.4V then rose to 15.1V again for the whole drive until I put it in park on the drive at which point it dropped to 14.4V...

Now I’m confused, do I have some kind of wiring fault or is there an issue with the GAP software?
Attached a graph of the voltage over the journey, also my oil temperature sensor seems to dip randomly down to about 17 degrees but no faults come up, possibly a bad connection?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #226135510th Nov 2021 5:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >