Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

towbar price
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jammer0070

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
towbar price

hi just about to buy a caravan has anybody got any idea how much to have a towbar fitted to my 05 disco thanks

Post #6435451st May 2010 11:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Once you have a towbar, you just shove it into the socket under the back bumper yourself. Take it out again to keep safe when not in use.

You will get one from a forum member eventually at a good price. Beware auction sites where folk are paying more than the full LandRover list price. If you want new, contact TLO on this forum for a great discount price and service on ANY parts.

Why would anyone want to go caravanning in this weather? Whistle
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #6435461st May 2010 11:24 am
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Blazing sunshine here!

I just sold a towbar for £130 delivered - and they come up on here at that price quite regularly!

you may need the electrics too if they haven't already been fitted (and activated if required?) but as said, TLO can sort the parts for you!
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #6435481st May 2010 11:28 am
Tom W

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I have one for sale,and will be down close to you on tuesday afternoon,if you are interested.
Looking for £120.

Post #6435531st May 2010 11:42 am
jammer0070

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

i have no electrics so need a total fitting of all the towbar and electrics have just been quoted 360 plus vat for a witter thought it was a bit dear

Post #6435541st May 2010 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Yikes! £360 AND VAT! Rolling with laughter

Can you take out and replace two screws, and screw in six new ones to the provided tapped holes? That is all you need to do to fit the electrics. You can get a 6-year-old kid to fit the plugs into the sockets provided as it's easier than Lego!

I think you just saved £300. Mr. Green

P.S. If you are hankering after the "multi-height" towbar then there ARE two bolts to fit - holes provided - if you want the stays, but just how huge is the caravan?
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #6435601st May 2010 12:03 pm
stainsey4

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hello everbody, I have just brought my disco 3 and I am surprisd to say I am very pleased with it, I have a question regarding the tow bar fitment, On mine It has just the chassis bracket, Is it supposed to have a socket bolted in place to accept the detachable towar, I phoned hunters of guildford and the parts guy said no but its 600 quid for the tow bar and their service depatment said yes!!!! can any one shed some light? on what I need

Post #65062518th May 2010 9:26 pm
al cope

England 

god dont you just love the dealers Big Cry

The removeable towbar just plugs straight into that hole you can see in the chassis, usually the one with the red blanking plug in it (but this may be missing). OK, you need the towing electrics, but these are plug and play as well.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #65078919th May 2010 8:42 am
disco3kenny

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi as Navigator says quick easy install takes about hour, remove rear light to weave the electrics through chasis,watch out for the swinging weights not to rub on the wires,can post Pdf files so you can follow step by step instructions and pretty much the same for the tow bar,mines a fixed multi-height one...have a go i did and beleive me if i can do it anyone can! Thumbs Up
 http://tinyurl.com/eBay-All-things-D3-Now  
Post #65091719th May 2010 2:56 pm
BazLR3

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3

Did I read this right? Do the electrics need to be activated? I am installing mine soon and I just want to be sure.

Cheers.

Post #65280525th May 2010 12:01 pm
al cope

England 

not really - they do work without being "activated", but some things like ride height changes when trailer is attached dont work, neither does turning of rear parking sensors (on later models that dont have the switch on the dash). Not really an issue for most folks.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #65292525th May 2010 6:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >