Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Tow Bar Electrics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Tow Bar Electrics

Sorry for the all the questions, but we just bought the car and I am trying to get all the bits I need for it. I just bought a proper Land Rover removeable tow bar, but it doesn't come with the electrics. How much are the plug in single electrics and is the plug easy to find to plug into the cars electrics.

I read in another post that the dealer has to activate the electrics, does this mean they won't work at all when you plug in or is it only to set up the reversing sensors and to stop you changing the suspension height. I am not sure why it would be a problem to change the suspension height with a normal trailer.

Thanks

Andy

Post #20992830th Sep 2007 8:45 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Can't remember the price for the electrics, but if you ring Nick at Yeovil 01935 476660 and tell him you're a Disco3 member he'll do a decent price. As regards dealer activation, mine detects the tow electrics without intervention and disables the reverse sensors whenever towing but I can still change the suspension settings, which helps when loading the tractor mower onto a trailer as I can raise the suspension and reduce the breakover angle on the ramp/trailer bed.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #20993430th Sep 2007 9:01 pm
DiscoStu

England 

They will work without being enabled. Enabling does rear sensors and prevents offroad height being automatically selected when changing to a TR setting. Manual change of height is still achieveable.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #20994030th Sep 2007 9:04 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Thanks, I will call Nick at Yeovil in the morning. Is the connector to plug in easy to find in the rear.

I got a tow bar for £185, which I thought was pretty good.

Post #20995230th Sep 2007 9:12 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Do a search - the instructions are on here somewhere. Basically, behind near side rear light and drop through to underside. take your time. 45 mins easy job with a bit of a fiddle to get through the holes and to line up the plastic retainers . . .
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #21000430th Sep 2007 9:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >