DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Load bay disco 4.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
northernmonkeyjones

2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Load bay disco 4.

Hi,

as a newbie to this site i have a couple of questions regarding my potential purchase of a D4 commercial.

I went to look at a couple today, a D3 and a D4, both had something wrong with them, the D4 was lacking power and the D3 had a EAS fault and was stuck in access mode, according to the garage who plugged it in straight away the D4 had a problem with one of the EGR valves. I hear that this is a common problem and they were going to sort it out, is it something that should worry me? could they be blanked off on a 2.7 on a 10 plate, or will the engine management have a hissy fit?

Apart from that the car was nice and tidy, was on a 10plate with 62k (high i know) but had a full farnell SH, so hopefully has been relatively well looked after, and was under 20k +vat(which i get back)

The other question I have is regarding the loadspace. All of the others i have looked at have a flat floor all the way to the bulkhead, this one had a 4"step down towards the front, does it sound like an aftermarket conversion or original LR?

If it is an aftermarket, what do i need to look for on the V5 to check that it still qualifies as a commercial vehicle and isnt just a converted car. Which i would doubt as the rest of it looks like commercial spec....

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Moved from D3

Post #114930228th Aug 2013 8:22 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Northernmonkey...

Firstly, welcome to the forum...

I can only really comment from the point of having a commercial so hope that the following helps...

It should have a flat floor that runs from the rear of the vehicle to the steel bulkhead that is located behind the front seats... Do you have the full bulkhead?

I suspect that the 4" drop in the floor would suggest a seat conversion has been fitted - I have an Atlantech seat conversion and they use the original frame and the floor system but drop this to accommodate the new fit seats.

It might be worth a call to Geoff at Atlantech with the reg number for his comment and to see if it is one of theirs.

Alternatively, what is the road fund licence - as a proper commercial, it should be lower than a 'normal' car with post factory conversion as the N1 status as a commercial is entirely dependent on how it is viewed when it leaves the factory... Whilst Nene do offer car to commercial conversions, I don't think that you can actually change the tax classification...

Also... Check if the rear windows (in the doors) work. A proper commercial won't whereas a car which has been converted to a commercial will unless you have a very particular precious owner who has invested in new motors or connectors inside the doors...
Hope this helps...
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #114980829th Aug 2013 9:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >