Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

WTD Rear Wheel Carrier
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nickprice

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
WTD Rear Wheel Carrier

Any ideas on where to get a rear wheel carrier in the short term - 1 to 2 months lead time - gratefully received. I had one lined up with Frog Island but all my chatting back and forth regarding Hi-Lift jack holders meant that when I phoned on Monday to put down my money they'd sold them all and it'll take 3 months get any new stock!!

Kaymar is very very nice but out of my price range. Looking for a sub-grand option with good reviews.

Any ideas anyone? Second-hand considered as well!
 D3 SE with Hankook MT 275/65/R18, IID BT Tool, ProSpeed rock/tree sliders + compressor guard, RLD sump guard & winch tray + 13,000lb hidden winch, Gearbox guard, Frontrunner 80l aux tank with fuel gauge, V8 brake upgrade, Traxide USI-160 dual battery system, Frontrunner ladder, custom boot storage, Lazer LED driving lights, de-cat exhaust, Aftermarket Oro TPMS, i7 Mac Mini touch screen install (running Windows 10) mirrored on rear screens.  
Post #103991922nd Jan 2013 10:06 am
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?page=sho...;Itemid=14

This looks good for the price Thumbs Up

Post #103992022nd Jan 2013 10:13 am
nickprice

It's out of stock. I was talking to the Frog Island guys about that item a few weeks ago as they stock Terrafirma products (and I wanted a price match!). They weren't sure where Devon 4x4 were getting them from as Frog Island are associated with Terrafirma in some way and that carrier is not in full production atm. They had 2 pre-production models in the Terrafirma warehouse apparently but with all my procrastinating they have both been sold now. Frog Island also want around 700 GBP for the same carrier. I don't think the one shown here was ever available (unless someone bought one from them???).

Bit of an odd story all in all!

Annoyingly Frog Island also sold a Terrafirma one on eBay a couple of weeks ago for about 130 quid!

I'm always too late on these things!!!
 D3 SE with Hankook MT 275/65/R18, IID BT Tool, ProSpeed rock/tree sliders + compressor guard, RLD sump guard & winch tray + 13,000lb hidden winch, Gearbox guard, Frontrunner 80l aux tank with fuel gauge, V8 brake upgrade, Traxide USI-160 dual battery system, Frontrunner ladder, custom boot storage, Lazer LED driving lights, de-cat exhaust, Aftermarket Oro TPMS, i7 Mac Mini touch screen install (running Windows 10) mirrored on rear screens.  
Post #103992222nd Jan 2013 10:19 am
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I too have been / am looking for one of these - just missed one on here a week or so ago. I also have a 'wanted' posted for a second hand one.

Post #103993022nd Jan 2013 10:36 am
nickprice

I'll let you know if I find anything. Already done a lot of searching and it's more difficult than I imagined! My main issue is the timescale I'm looking at. If you're prepared to wait then the Terrafirma one will available in a few months, ProSpeed might get round to developing one and there's Frontrunner as well (but appears to have a significant lead time too)...second-hand it's just a bit of luck you need I guess!
Post #103994322nd Jan 2013 11:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >