SOLD – Eezi-Awn rooftent 1.4 T-top
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Disco George

United Kingdom 
SOLD – Eezi-Awn rooftent 1.4 T-top

NOW SOLD

Hi folks

As my wife and I have just had a baby we have decided to sell the roof tent and switch to a ground tent or possibly a trailer tent set up.

So, for sale is a top of the range Eezi-Awn T-top rooftent. It is the 1.4 model, meaning the bed area is 1.4m wide. The tent folds out and has an extension area that pulls out from which a ‘day room’ fabric room can be added.

The tent is in very good condition; it has been used on 5 or 6 occasions in the UK. It has stood up to heavy rain and some extremely strong winds without any problems at all.

The following items will be included in the sale, meaning that all you would need to do is bolt it to a roof rack or a set of roof bars and you’re ready!

• 1.4m T-top tent, including built in aluminium ladder.
• Day room extension consisting of 4 Eezi-Awn canvas panels and heavy duty pegs, all in the original storage bag.
• Heavy duty green floor panel – never used, perfect for dusty or soggy camps.
• All weather cover that fits over the tent when packed away and protects it on the roof.
• Thick Eezi-Awn mattress with original Eezi-Awn fitted sheet.
• Light weight metal supports that hold the ventilation flaps open on the outside of the tent.

This really is a superb tent and we are only selling because we prefer the idea of a ground tent for our baby as he turns into an adventuring toddler! The tent is very spacious for 2 adults and could easily accommodate a child as well – probably 2 if they were friendly! I have used the tent in freezing weather and very hot summer weather and have been comfortable in both.

Condition:

The transit cover for the tent has some light scratch marks on it from brushing past bushes on green lanes but is not ripped or torn anywhere. The ratchet strap built into the cover to tighten it occasionally plays up a bit but still works perfectly. If it failed completely a replacement ratchet buckle would fix the problem – the strapping itself is all in perfect condition. A replacement ratchet buckle would cost around £10 if needed.

The day room has been used but is in superb condition, I have carefully labelled each panel with fine black pen to speed up assembly but the wording is not visible once fixed together. There are no rips or tears on the material at all. There are a few light scuff marks on the plastic / rubber strips at the bottom where they have been trodden on but no damage at all.

All pegs provided in A1 condition in a peg beg.

The main tent itself is an excellent condition. I would not describe it as being “as new” because it is not, but it is completely undamaged and works perfectly. There really are years and years left in this superb tent, but it will be at least 18 years before our little one flies the nest, at which point we will buy another Eezi-Awn roof tent and drive the Discovery to New Zealand!

Full details of the tent can be found here:

http://www.touring-gear.com/products/Eezi-...eries.html

There is also a You Tube video of this model on the APB Trading You Tube channel which is worth a look.

I will post pictures of the tent itself shortly.

The rooftent is in Benson in Oxfordshire and would need to be collected, or picked up by a courier arranged by the buyer.

These cost £2000 new. A cheap Chinese rooftent can be had for a lot less these days, but for quality no one builds roof tents like the South Africans do.

Price - £1200. Serious offers would be considered.

Please contact me by PM with any queries. Thanks!

I may also be in the market for an Oz Tent or similar and would consider a part exchange for the right tent at the right price.

Guy
 SWMBO's - '14 FL2 TD4 XS auto. SOLD.
Dingo - '99 Disco 2 V8 converted to 300 Tdi - chawton white. SOLD.
Sharky - '06 Disco 3 HSE - bonatti grey, with alpaca leather. SOLD.
George - '98 Disco 1 - willow green 300Tdi auto. A fantastic Land Rover. SOLD.
Pingu - '96 Defender 110 CSW - epsom green 300Tdi. Sadly turned out to be a lemon! GONE.[/color] 

Last edited by Disco George on 22nd Dec 2012 1:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #101055928th Nov 2012 7:08 pm
Disco George

United Kingdom 

BUMP!

Any takers? I'm open to offers - drop me a PM!

Cheers, Guy.
 SWMBO's - '14 FL2 TD4 XS auto. SOLD.
Dingo - '99 Disco 2 V8 converted to 300 Tdi - chawton white. SOLD.
Sharky - '06 Disco 3 HSE - bonatti grey, with alpaca leather. SOLD.
George - '98 Disco 1 - willow green 300Tdi auto. A fantastic Land Rover. SOLD.
Pingu - '96 Defender 110 CSW - epsom green 300Tdi. Sadly turned out to be a lemon! GONE.[/color] 

Post #101903814th Dec 2012 5:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >