Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

How far is it to the end of my Tether?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Aprisa

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
How far is it to the end of my Tether?

Well my HSE went in to the dealer on 11th December for a new Turbo, despite being booked in three weeks earlier I was told after a week that they were on back-order and it would be after Christmas!

Got given a base spec 07 Disco from Enterprise as it was not the dealers fault that the parts were unavailable.

Car was ready to be picked up on the 24th Jan and had supposedly been tested, went to get the car and it was just the same as before! the technician could hear the problem without even going off the forecourt. Then was told to leave the car and they would see what was wrong. Got given a Base spec Disco that was the Sales-managers car.

Monday I was told that it was bypass pipes that were the problem but they were on back-order and they did not have a date. After a bit of fuss I am now told that they may be able to get them off the track in two weeks but if not it would be the end of March.

I have now been without the car for 10 weeks with no definite date in view, I got a call today from Enterprise today offering me a Jag S type today and tomorrow and a high spec Disco or Range Rover on Friday. Not much of a decision seeing as tomorrow may be the only snow of the year, I'll keep the dealer car till Friday Says I.

Soon as I get the car back it's straight up for sale, how can a company operate with no parts supply?

And they wonder why they are bottom of the JD Power, it's the best car I've ever driven but it will have to go.

Nick
 2005 TD6 HSE Java/Alpacca
Nearly always covered in Horse/Cow-sh*t 

Post #1283657th Feb 2007 6:22 pm
Pelyma

England 

Nick, kick up at the highest levels - they can take parts off the line. With my first D3 I had a compressor go early on and was in this situation, working with my dealer and writing to Geoff Pilotes (CEO of Jag & LR) soon got a compressor off the line and on my car. Be firm, but cool and fair, how can a dealer do their job in these circumstances? Sometimes a line to the top of the tree gets the right response, forget LRCS go for the top and good luck.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1283677th Feb 2007 6:36 pm
oliver77

Wales 

I know how you feel Nick and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. My tether is another 21 days long then I get to see if the German car is any better. The D3 is an amazing machine and I love it but I feel like LR are taking the P Censored out of my good nature about things so that was the end for me. I agree that LRCS are a waste of time. Pester LR top brass til you get an answer.

Last edited by oliver77 on 7th Feb 2007 9:26 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #1283927th Feb 2007 8:17 pm
Pelyma

England 

Why waste your time, go to the top, his office reads this site. Its not good enough but you need the right people to get it sorted and your dealing with those too far down the food chain.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1284017th Feb 2007 9:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >