DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New compressor failing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
IanT599

United Kingdom 
New compressor failing

Hi all,

Had my car about 8 weeks in all. Loving the D3 as it is the car for us size wise (4 large dogs and soon to be caravan)

Reason for the G4 was:
1. Great price for what it was.
2. Rear aircon on an 08 plate was hard to find (great for dogs in summer)
3. It looks awesome (SWMBO still not convinced) and has all the extra gear as standard.

Only issue we've had was about the 5 week point the front end seemed slow to rise, intermittently, to the point where it really struggled and we had to call LR Assist. The guy diagnosed a compressor fault given the fault codes. Booked a hire car and boomed it into Stafford.

Stafford identified a worn compressor. Replaced it with the new AMK version, gave it a software update and away we went all working.

A further 2 weeks later I get suspension vehicle raising slowly message. Possibly an error so I ignore it. Car raised ok and on I went. The message appeared a couple of days later. And then later the same day. And the next etc etc.

Called LR Assist out. Same guy turns up and asks what was wrong. I said same fault.
What did they do? They replaced the compressor.
Did they change the relay? I don't know. (Having being given no paperwork after requesting it)
Your compressor is really struggling again he said.

Booked a hire car and booked it into Stafford.

2 days later and after a couple of calls they can't find a fault and there are no fault codes on the car.??? Strange as the LRA guy tried to raise the car and it had the same slow message on screen. But not codes were stored???

They returned the car and have said not to operate the suspension 4 times in a row. Access to Normal to Off Road is classed as 2 moves.?? So basically don't use the suspension for what it is there for?

I get in it this morning. Access to Normal is ok. Get a McMuffin 30 mins later so have to lower it to get out then back in to normal and it struggles. For the rest of the day the car has struggled to get to any height to the point where I have to leave it in normal. (Should have just bought a coil sprung model)

Now when I say struggle it is only the front. Going to normal the rear is in place in seconds and it is only the front that struggles.

I've confirmed the relay issue. Apparently a relay is included in the new AMK kit.

The dealer principle has asked for the car back now as I emailed a pic today of the message. I'm at a loss as to the fault. I'm thinking something in the front end due to it only being a front suspension issue.

Has anyone had this fault? Has anyone had an issue with the AMK system?
 Ian
No longer a LR owner
2018 BMW M240i
2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Gone
2004 TD5 ES - Gone
2008 TDV6 G4 -Sold and missed very much 

Post #99462726th Oct 2012 7:44 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Potentially an air leak someplace?

Unlikely the new compressor is faulty Confused
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #99466826th Oct 2012 8:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PhyrraM

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

If the rear is raising fine, then the problem is not likely to be the compressor or tank. I would say it's something between the valve body and the front springs. Crushed lines or maybe blockage? If it was a leak, I would think it would be on the bumpstops after a few hours of sitting.
 2006 LR3 V8 HSE  
Post #99475026th Oct 2012 10:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >