Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Software problems after power off, LR Assist on their way!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Chocolate

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Software problems after power off, LR Assist on their way!!

HELP!!

Hi guys/gals, had the D3 in thursday for a Parrot phone kit fitting by a good firm reccomended via main dealer. Had power off to fit I know due to clock being set wrong.

Thursday night ......car fine
Friday.....car fine

Today...........suspension lowers itself on motorway approx 70mph, dsc warning light comes on, message says HDC systems off, Airbag lights stays on, amber handbrake warning light on etc, car still drives no problem and got home from leeds no problem although car low, bouncy and leaning on corners??
Also wife says engine sounds noisier than normal, cant say I notice this though?

When I get home, foot on brake pedal, lights on(xenons), turn ignition off and take out key, engine still running and all systems on, take foot off brake AND OR turn lights off and engine turns off!!!

Any Ideas, LR Assist guy doing diag. now.

Car of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007, Best Large 4x4
Top Gear "Best Car In The World"
4x4 Magazine "Best 4x4 In The World"

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #1170306th Jan 2007 6:03 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Check for loose battery connections. The fitter may not have tightened it up properly. Although, the failure to shut down is a new one on me, never heard of anyone having that on a D3 before.

D1 used to do that if the stop solenoid was jammed, but the D3 is all electronic so thats not the cause.

Post #1170376th Jan 2007 6:32 pm
Chocolate

LR Assist just left, tried rebooting control module, battery connections etc, says he has seen supspension fault before but not the following:-

if driving with lights off, car behaves normally,

lights on, once brakes are pressed, brake lights remain permanantly on all time, also if ignition switched off when lights are on and brake pedal pressed then engine still on, take foot off pedal or turn lights off and engine stops etc as though ignition has been stopped.

He seems to think there is a crossed live feed somewhere from the lighting system to control unit!!

Car is being taken to local dealer tomorrow or monday morning.

I have asked for a replacement 7 seater car, anybody know what demands for a replacement vehicle I can make or what to expect, cheers

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #1170436th Jan 2007 6:53 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Let's just hope the guy who fitted the Parrot system has not damaged the wiring looms as any repairs will not be covered under warranty.

As for insisting on a 7 seater loan car...good luck...the dealer doesnt have to loan 'like for like'...you'll prob end up with a Nissan Micra Smile

Post #1170456th Jan 2007 6:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

Ouch - welcome to the dark side of world of Discovery 3 ownership - certainly looks like your 'fitter' has done something Confused Don't let Mrs C tell you that you've bought a heap of cr*p Wink
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1170486th Jan 2007 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chocolate

Thanks now I feel much better!! Crying or Very sad

my thoughts about the parrot guys too, hope they have not crossed or taken power from a wrong feed, could this be possible, I would have thought fitting something like that would be a straightforward job?, especially as they have used the LR phone loom to connect it.

Post #1170516th Jan 2007 7:03 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

At you have a defence in the fact that your LR dealer recommended the fitter.

Post #1170546th Jan 2007 7:10 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Pretty Polly ....Pretty Polly Embarassed

Surely such a fundemental wiring error would have shown itself prior to today ...if you say the motor has been fine for the last 2 days since installation then it sounds more like something is loose Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1170576th Jan 2007 7:16 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

you've not changed any of the rear lamps have you?
replacing the stop/tail lamp with the wrong one would play havoc with the CJB

Post #1170736th Jan 2007 8:17 pm
Chocolate

TFC...........you beat me to it, after the LR Assist guy had gone I asked our gert to sit in car foot on brake, all rear lights came on and also front side lights, got me thinking, ages ago on the work van, I put a one filament bulb in place of a two filament bulb hence bridging both circuits,

so just checked all rear bulbs and found the filaments on one of the stop and tail bulbs were touching together! Very Happy

so no more panick superb!!!

on the bad side though I still have the suspension fault text message "SYSTEM FAULT SPECIAL PROGRAMS NOT AVAILABLE" Confused

I have now been told to take the car to main dealer at my convenience and LR Assist WILL supply me with a like for like vehicle. Smile

Post #1170866th Jan 2007 8:59 pm
10forcash

should just need a clear of the fault codes - at a guess 'implausible signal from brake pedal switch' will feature heavily.... Wink

Post #1170936th Jan 2007 9:19 pm
Chocolate

TFC...do you think that fault could have brought on the special programs / suspension fault, as everything was fine up til then, bit of a coincidence two seperate faults at same time?? Question

Post #1171106th Jan 2007 9:52 pm
10forcash

Yes - for definite, once a corrupt signal is detected it ceases to be broadcast on the CANbus, this causes any modules that monitor that particular value to fallback into safe mode - although they will show a 'fault', all that has really happened is that the sysem is unable to operate correctly and safely without that particular signal. It's likely that a'hard' fault has been registered rather than a transient fault, hence the reason you are still getting the fault message.

Some have reported that turning the ignition on and off ten times clears the fault memory in the various control modules, not sure if it's true or works but it may be worth a go Wink

Post #1171156th Jan 2007 10:08 pm
Chocolate

so even though I cant select the terrain response system, it could be the fault message that is causing the fault....cheers TFC I will try the reset b4 going off to the stealers

Post #1171356th Jan 2007 10:49 pm
Doc R

United Kingdom 

What sort of phone have you got? Have heard that a bluetoothed "Blackberry" seriously screws up various electronics on Disco 3, Sports and Range Rovers.

Post #1177118th Jan 2007 11:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >