Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Software problems after power off, LR Assist on their way!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Thats complete nonsense TBH....my Blackberry has worked very well with the PTI BT since pairing about 8 months ago Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1177148th Jan 2007 11:04 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Doc R wrote:
What sort of phone have you got? Have heard that a bluetoothed "Blackberry" seriously screws up various electronics on Disco 3, Sports and Range Rovers.
Whoever told you that was talking absolute bolleaux Rolling Eyes
Blackberry bluetooth is no different in terms of power, frequency or any other signal component to any other phone or PDA. Given that the D3 was specifically designed to have active BT devices inside it and in close proximity to control modules why would this particular brand cause problems?

Post #1177258th Jan 2007 11:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doc R

United Kingdom 

Was on course at factory. London Dealer had a TDV6 keep going into fault mode, was traced to phone, as did the same when paired his phone to sales Demo. Not experienced issue my self, thats why there is a list of approved phones I guess?

Post #1177288th Jan 2007 11:25 pm
Chocolate

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

update.........

Car been to dealers today for the special programs fault to be looked into, and also I asked them to look into the rear PDC fault mentioned elseware on this site.
While it was in I asked the service manager to fit some "ebay'd" side protection strips for me, he quoted £30, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Smile

Other things found, slight crack on one of the locking wheel nuts, so all of these have been renewed under warranty, rear PDC unit has been swapped and software reconfigured and he said he has done something to the rear parking brake cos it was squealing??, not that I noticed?. Smile

So all in all I must say I am quite impressed by the customer service of LR so far.

Also........best bit........main dealer offered me a Freelander for a courtesy car, but I wanted like for like, so I ended up with a 1 month old '56 D3 TDV6 HSE Auto!!!!, superb result 8)

Got the auto to try and convince our gert its the way to go, but she hardly drove the blo0dy thing!! Evil or Very Mad

Going to pick my car up in the morning, so will report back when I check it out. Wink

Car of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007, Best Large 4x4
Top Gear "Best Car In The World"
4x4 Magazine "Best 4x4 In The World"

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #11852810th Jan 2007 11:19 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Lets hope it comes back fixed. It will be interesting to see if your PDC comes back with the 07 spec, where you have to 'switch on' the front PDC by pressing the button on the dash before it works.

This was introduced to stop the front PDC giving false alarms when in traffic jams.

Post #11853010th Jan 2007 11:24 pm
Chocolate

Gareth...what will they have done to the Park Brake as I never asked them to alter it and didnt mention a problem, is this an oustanding recall?

2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 SE Manual, Zambezi Silver, Ebony Powered/Heated Leather, Privacy Glass, Side protection, Parrot CK3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit, 18" Type 2 Alloys, Bi-Xenons, and Tasmods Stainless Steel sill trims, MANTEC Protection 

Post #11853110th Jan 2007 11:26 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

They probably applied an overlay wiring harness, as specified in the enhancement program. Your car should have already had that, but mine's on its third complete park brake system now! so don't be alarmed.

I think the electronic park brake could be the achillies heel of the D3 when the warranty is gone. My actuator keeps self destructing. Usually after immersing it in mud.

Having said that, its been 100% fine since last replacement at 60k miles, now on 65k miles, but its only been off road once since then.

Post #11853710th Jan 2007 11:46 pm
Chocolate

well picked car up today, washed and valeted, side strips fitted no charge, Shocked new locking nuts, handbrake pads changed, battery charged, all faults cleared and PDC sorted and working!! 8)

Must say i am really pleased with the way GS Wakefield have dealt with the motor, much better than BMW customer service. Confused

Will deffo be using for servicing and possible upgrade to new HSE when funds allow! Smile

Post #11903012th Jan 2007 12:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >