DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Door latch changed, still not locking - advices needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Miguel

Portugal 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Door latch changed, still not locking - advices needed

Hi all!

The door on the drivers side (left side for me) of my Disco stopped locking a while ago.
After much reading here, I decided to go and buy a new door latch, which I changed last night with the help of the fabulous guide provided in this forum! Everything went relatively well, it is indeed fidly to remove the cables but we managed to get the new unit in and everything working as it should (outside handle works, key works, inside handle also works).

However, the problem remains: when I lock the door on the keyfob, everything else locks and the alarm is armed. But if I try to open the door it does, it doesn't lock (and it doesn't matter if I press 1 or 2 times the keyfob), and triggers the alarm.

The only thing different from this door to the others is that the locking lever above the inside door handle is really hard to move (and does not pop out like the others when you unlock the car). Also the inside door handle on this door seems a bit more stiff when operated.

I feel that I have spent 70 € unnecessaraly (although yes, I do have a new latch Wink ), since the problem remains and must be sourced to other part..

Could it be the cable going to the inside handle needing lubrication? Could it be some kind of problem with the handle (although it seems fairly simple)? Could it be electronic gremlins? Anything else?

Advice (very) welcome and needed!

Post #97664713th Sep 2012 10:37 am
Miguel

Portugal 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

The new latch works and locks sometimes, we are now convenced that it must be something in the rest of the circuit that is faulty.

Will be changing the cable and door inner side handle soon.

Will report soon.

Post #97712614th Sep 2012 10:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >